Chapter 6

Delilah woke up to her alarm. She started doing her everyday routine to get ready for school. She got dressed in a pink sleeveless shirt with a white collar, dark pink pants, pink converse shoes to look like Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. Aurora was her favorite Disney princess.

Once Delilah finished getting ready, she picked up her bag and headed downstairs

Once Delilah finished getting ready, she picked up her bag and headed downstairs. "Morning Dad." She greeted her father.

"Good morning, Lila." Charlie said. "How are you this morning?"

"I'm good." Delilah answered. She got her breakfast, which today was a cinnamon roll, and sat at the table.

"Delilah, I know you aren't thrilled about needing a tutor, but it'll be ok." Charlie said.

"I wasn't trying to be difficult or ungrateful." Delilah said.

"I know. I just know you don't like needing help, but it's ok to need help sometimes." Charlie said. "And I think Alice Cullen offering to tutor you is going to help you do better in school."

"I know." Delilah said. "Plus, I like Alice. She's nice."

"I'm glad you've made a friend, Delilah." Charlie said.

"Me too." Delilah said.

"Come on. Let's get you to school." Charlie said. Delilah nodded.

Since her gym accident, Charlie's been driving Delilah to school for the rest of the week, instead of her riding her scooter to school. Charlie wasn't thrilled about Delilah riding to school on her own in the first place, but he let her when she started high school because she liked being independent. He did ask her to always let him know when she got to school and when she got home. On days she rode to school on her own, Charlie would always try to finish work and get home as soon as he could. He didn't like her staying home alone.

At lunch, Delilah made her way to the cafeteria. After she got her lunch, she saw Alice already at the table.

"Well hello, princess Aurora." Alice greeted.

Delilah giggled and sat down. "Hi Alice." She said.

"Great outfit, Delilah." Alice complimented.

"Thank you." Delilah said.

"You're welcome." Alice said.

"Would you be willing to?" Delilah started to say. "Actually, never mind."

"Do you want me to do your hair and makeup?" Alice asked. "Yes please!" Delilah said, excitedly. "I mean, if it's alright."

"Of course it's alright." Alice said. She started to do Delilah's hair and makeup. "If you want, I can do this every day for you before school." Alice offered.

"You don't have to do that." Delilah said. "I come to school pretty early to have my teachers look over my homework."

"I'd be more than happy to come to school early to do your hair and makeup." Alice said.

"Okay!" Delilah said.

"Speaking of homework, do you want to come over for tutoring today?" Alice asked. "If you don't want to today, that's alright. We can figure out days that we can do tutoring."

"No, today's fine." Delilah replied. "I just need to let my Dad know."

"Alright." Alice said. "I'll meet you at your locker at the end of the day." Delilah nodded. The bell rang and Delilah headed to her class.

When school ended, Delilah made her way to her locker and saw Alice waiting.

"Ready?" Alice asked.

"Yes." Delilah said, grabbing her things out of her backpack. Alice led her outside to where Edward's car was parked. "Where are your siblings?" Delilah asked.

"They thought you would be more comfortable just riding with me." Alice explained. "So, they took the Jeep."

"Oh ok." Delilah said as she climbed into the car.

When they arrived at the Cullen's house, Delilah looked at it in awe. "You guys live in this huge house?" She asked as they got out of the car. Alice chuckled. "Oh. Sorry, I guess that was rude." Delilah said. "I tend to say things without thinking if I should or not."

"It's ok, Delilah." Alice said. "The rest of my family would like to meet you, but if it's going to be too overwhelming for you, you don't have to meet them."

"I already know most of your family." Delilah said.

"Yes, but my siblings haven't officially met you." Alice explained. "Plus, Esme's been wanting to meet you."

Delilah assumed Esme was their mother. "I think I'll ok." She replied.

"Are you sure?" Alice asked. Delilah nodded. She followed as Alice lead her into the house.

"Hey guys." Alice called. Five people walked into the hallway. Delilah recognized most of them except for one. An older woman.

"You already kind of know my siblings. Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper, and Edward." Alice said. "And this our adoptive mother, Esme."

"It's great to finally meet you, Delilah." Esme greeted. "It's uh nice to meet you too." Delilah said, feeling a little shy.

"Come on." Alice said. "We can work in the dining room." Delilah nodded and followed her. They worked on homework for a little bit. After awhile, Delilah had finished all her homework.

As they were getting ready to leave, Carlisle came home."Hello Delilah." He greeted.

"Hello Dr. Cullen." Delilah greeted back.

"How are you doing?" Carlisle asked.

Delilah figured he was mainly asking about her head. "Better, aside from the fact that you told I couldn't do dance for the rest of the week." Delilah answered.

"I didn't say you couldn't." Carlisle said with a chuckle. "I just advised that you shouldn't."

"Yes, but my Dad won't let me for the rest of the week." Delilah said.

"I'm sure he's just looking out for you." Carlisle said. Delilah nodded.

"Come on, Delilah." Alice said. "I should get you home."

Delilah followed Alice outside and got in the car. Alice drove her home.