Chapter 7

Warning: Strong language in this chapter.

A few weeks had gone by. Delilah would go over to the Cullens for Alice to tutor her on days she didn't have dance class. One day during lunch, Delilah was sitting with Alice like she did every day.

Just then, Jessica walked by them. "Nice outfit, D—d-Disney freak." She said before walking off.

"Leave her alone, Jessica." Alice said loud enough for Jessica to hear. "Just ignore her, Delilah." She turned back to Delilah to see her running out of the cafeteria. "Delilah!" Alice called, running after her.

The rest of the Cullens could hear Jessica and some of her friends, at their table, laughing.

Rosalie stormed over to the table. "Do you really have nothing better to do than to put others down and be a complete bitch?" Rosalie said.

"Excuse me?!" Jessica asked.

"Why do you feel the need to tease people for being different. So, she dresses up like a Disney character. Or wears headphones during lunch. What she does doesn't affect you." Rosalie continued. "I could care less what you think of my family, but if I find out that you continue to make fun of Delilah, whether it's to her face or when she's not around, you will regret it. So, leave her the hell alone."

Jessica sat there speechless. Rosalie walked away with a satisfied grin on her face.

Meanwhile, Alice had caught up with Delilah and was trying to console her.

"Just ignore them." Alice said.

"M-Maybe I should st-stop wearing the D-Disney outfits." Delilah said, stuttering.

"You can do that if you want, but I know how much you like to do it." Alice said.

"I h-hate being auti-ti-stic and different." Delilah continued.

"Please don't ever say you don't like yourself." Alice said. "Those differences are what make you unique and if Disneybounding is how you express yourself, don't let people like Jessica Stanley keep you from doing that." She tried calming Delilah down. "Do you want to skip the rest of the school day?" Alice asked.

Delilah knew she shouldn't, as it would cause her to fall behind, but nodded anyway.

"Do you want me to bring you to the station?" Alice asked.

"Can I just hang out with you?" Delilah asked.

"Sure." Alice said.

Just then, the rest of the Cullens approached them.

"Are you alright, Delilah?" Emmett asked. Delilah nodded.

"I'm going to take Delilah back to the house for the rest of the day." Alice explained.

"Take the Volvo." Edward said, handing her the keys.

"Thanks Edward." Alice said.

"I'll let your paraprofessional know." Jasper said to Delilah. "Since we have the same next class together."

"Thank you." Delilah said.

"You're welcome." Jasper said, giving her a small smile.

"Come on." Alice said. "Let's get your stuff from your locker."

"Can I go to the restroom real quickly?" Delilah asked.

"Go ahead." Alice said. "I can get your stuff for if you're comfortable giving me your locker combination." Delilah wrote down her locker combo for Alice. "Do you also want me to call your Dad?" Alice asked. Delilah nodded and handed Alice her phone.

Alice dialed Charlie's number as she headed to Delilah's locker.

"Delilah?" Charlie answered, concerned. "Are you alright?"

"Actually, Chief Swan. It's Alice Cullen." Alice said. "Oh." Charlie said. "Is everything alright?"

"Well, Delilah had a little bit of a rough time during lunch today." Alice explained.

"Is she ok?" Charlie asked.

"She's fine." Alice continued. "She's just a little upset."

"Can I talk to her?" Charlie asked.

"She's in the bathroom right now." Alice replied. "I offered to call you for her."

"Oh ok." Charlie said.

"I figured it would be better if she took off school for the rest of the day." Alice said. "If that's ok with you, of course."

"I agree that would be a good idea." Charlie said. "Would you mind bringing her to the station?"

"She actually said she wanted to hang out with me." Alice explained. "Which I'm completely fine with. I'll hang out with her the rest of the day and bring her home whenever you'd like me to."

"Thank you, Alice." Charlie said.

"Of course, Chief." Alice said. She saw Delilah heading towards her as she hung up the phone. "Ready to go?" Alice asked, handing her her phone back. Delilah nodded and followed Alice outside.

A few minutes later, Alice pulled up to her house. The two girls headed into the house.

"Alice, why aren't you at school?" Esme asked. "Oh, hello Delilah."

"Hello, Mrs. Cullen." Delilah said.

"Delilah had a rough time in lunch and got upset." Alice explained. "I figured it would be a good idea if she took off school for the rest of the day."

"Is Charlie ok with that?" Esme asked.

"Yes." Alice said. "I called him to let him know and he said he was fine with it." Esme nodded. Alice turned to Delilah. "Delilah, do you want to work on the homework you got this morning?" She asked.

"Can we watch a movie, instead?" Delilah asked.

"We can get started on your homework while watch a movie." Alice said. Delilah nodded.

Alice soon noticed that Delilah was paying more attention to the movie than her homework. She realized that Delilah wasn't able to focus on two things at once. She decided to put the homework away and let Delilah watch the movie.

When the rest of the Cullens kids got home after school, Rosalie had the schoolwork that Delilah missed. The movie that Alice and Delilah were watching had finished and Alice helped Delilah with her homework.

Around 5 o'clock, Alice brought Delilah to the police station. "Hi, Chief Swan." Alice greeted.

"Hello Alice." Charlie said.

"Hi Dad." Delilah said.

"Hi sweetheart." Charlie said, before turning back to Alice. "What happened today?"

"One of the girls was making fun of Delilah's outfit and it upset her." Alice explained. Charlie nodded, understanding.

"Dad, can I please stay home from school tomorrow?" Delilah asked.

Charlie thought for a moment. "I think about it." He answered. "You know how behind you get when you miss a day. And if I let you skip school, you'll have to hang out here. I don't want you home alone all day." Delilah nodded.

"If you decide to let her stay home tomorrow, I'd be more than happy to keep her company." Alice offered.

"I appreciate that, but would it be ok with your parents?" Charlie asked.

"I can ask them." Alice said.

"Alright." Charlie said. "Thank you for today."

"Of course, Chief." Alice said. "Bye Delilah."

"Bye Alice." Delilah said. She walked out of the police station.

"I'm sorry you had a bad day." Charlie said, giving his daughter a small hug. "Are you ok?"

"I'm ok." Delilah answered. "But, I don't really want to go to school tomorrow."

"Come on." Charlie said. "Let's get some dinner at the diner."