Killing frenzy

"a state or period of uncontrolled excitement or wild behavior"

Y/N POV

The zombies were everywhere. We couldn't seem to find anywhere to go. The sun was far gone. The moon and the few lights that were still on lit up the distorted faces of our once classmates.

Sweat streamed down my forehead and my legs were threatening to give up. We were so tired.

Suddenly Gwi-nam grabbed my hand and lead me towards a narrow alleyway. There weren't any zombies. But we were tense and alert. I could tell by his eyes how scared he was although he had been trying to act tough, certain moments his facial muscles would betray him and show the exhausted frightened mess he was. I was certain my face reflected his own.

-Fuck, that's perfect.-

Gwi-nam's voice brought me back to reality, I hadn't noticed I spaced off while staring at him from behind. He pointed towards a bike.

-We'll get away on the bike-

Oh no. That definitely seems like a bad idea. I shake my head 'no'.
He insists by nodding repeatedly.

-How do you know it's not broken? Or that they won't catch up? We will end up attracting them instead of escaping!-

-Trust me it'll be okay, I have a hunch-

-If we die I'm going to kill you-

He snorts.

-Okay. In the count of three-

He raises his hand showing up three fingers.

He puts one down.

Then the other.

And last one.

We make a run for it. And sprint towards the bike as fast as our sore bodies are capable of.

Only two zombies come for us but we both deal with one. The kitchen knives always handy.

I already lost count of how many class— zombies I "killed". We've been having... a rough time.

We get to the bike.

-Get on the handlebar!-

I do as he says.

But as soon as Gwi-nam sits down we notice the chain is loose.

-Fuck!- He yells in frustration.

-FuckFuckFuckFuckFuck- I say while urging Gwi-nam to run. I grab his arm while looking back to the group of zombies running towards us.

We throw the bike towards the zombies and some trip, buying us time to escape.

We run inside the building. It's filled with zombies.

We struggle to find a room that isn't a certain death.

-Here!-

Gwi-nam opens the teacher's rooms. He enters first shielding me with his body.

There's four zombies inside.

Gwi-nam attacks the first one that comes towards us. I deal with the second.

Blood spills in my face once again when I cut his throat. I am disgusted by the fact I'm getting used to it.

We deal with the third and the fourth together.

Panting we sit down on the couches.

I barely have any strength left.
I turn my head towards Gwi-nam.