Tanjiro and Nezuko

It was early morning when I left Old man Saburo's house.It was a quiet morning,all that was on my mind was how well we will eat this new year.Then all happy thoughts ended when out of nowhere the smell of blood hit my nose.It was heavy and it filled my senses.I immediately put two and two together and began running towards my home.

What greeted me was no warm smiles but the cold embrace of dread.I-I saw Nezuko laying in the cold snow.....She seemed to be protecting Rokuta to the end.As I got over their bodies I turned to see the gore fest before me.Slaughtered all of them not even given a chance to defend themselves. As I began to break down into tears my hands fell on Nezuko's face and I still felt the warmth of life.Without a second to spare I lift her up and begin running back down to the village to find a doctor.That's when it hit me a wave of murderous intent.I began to sweat a bit but then I felt Nezuko move a bit."Nezuko! Don't worry,I'll get you to a doctor soon." A sense of hope overcame me as I was running to get to a doctor. As I continued running I saw a girl walking with her head down.Every bone in my body was telling me to run away,flee and you will die if you continue. But I carried on and as I got closer Nezuko began convulsing.It soon turned into kicking and I lost my balance and began tumbling down the side of the mountain. As I came too I frantically searched for Nezuko as she didn't appear near me. As I scanned the forest I saw her standing a few feet from me,I couldn't see her face as she was staring at the ground. I moved towards her telling her it will be okay and how I would get her to a doctor yet I got no response. I then found myself on the ground with Nezuko on top of me with the handle of my hatchet in her mouth.

As I stared at her face and looked into her eyes I didn't see my sister.....I saw a demon,and it was hungry.

My eyes welled up with tears because this Demon wore the face of my sister yet this demon is my sister. I could smell the pain the hunger caused her yet she was trying to hold herself back but little by little the situation became more dire."Don't do! Don't give up Nezuko,Fight it!" Was all I could muster and then I saw hope for a brief second as my sister's eyes returned and I felt her tears fall on my face. Yet this brief moment of happiness didn't last as I saw a figure behind her moving as if to hit her. Rolled her to the side to try and dodge the attempt. As we tumbled away I got a good look at the Individual. He was tall and had a depressing aura about him. He was holding a......KATANA! He just tried to kill my sister. Apart from that he wore a mismatched Haori. "Why did you save her?" he said in a dead tone. What's with this guy, is he completely emotionless. "She's my sister." I replied. "That is no longer your sister,it is a Man eating demon now. And killing them is my job." He then moved at inhuman speed, I moved to protect my sister but she was gone. I then look up to see her in the man's hands,both her arms behind her back. The next few minutes are a blur to my memory. All I remember is our conversation ending, me throwing my hatchet in the air to try and kill him and the cold embrace of the snow hitting my face. When I came too I saw Nezuko asleep next to me and a girl wearing royal blue haori and black kimono sitting next to me and as I looked at her she had a faint scent of sadness.

Minutes after the fight.

I had narrowly dodged the boy's hatchet,he even managed to clip my hair. I was in shock a bit but then out of nowhere I sensed a presence. The girl took the opportunity to break free of my grasp. All I could think was the boy is dead now due to my negligence and as I recovered I saw something that shocked me. She stood in front of him as if to protect her brother from me. That's when it hit me "I'm sure she recognizes me." "She would never eat a human." Those were his words. I chuckled to myself a bit and sheathed my katana and knocked the girl out. It was then again I felt the presence of another, and I felt a heavy weight on my chest. As the seconds went on it began to feel like hours as I stood frozen. I then began scanning my surroundings with a sense of urgency.

After a bit of searching I finally saw what was causing this overwhelming presence,it was a young girl probably the same age as the boy. But something was off. As she drew closer to me I got into my stance ready to fight. "Who are you?" I asked in a calm tone. She remained silent. She was now about a few meters in front of me when stopped suddenly. She had a cold and unfeeling air around her. It was as if she was grieving. "Who are you." I asked again. At this point every bone was telling me I can't win this fight. I knew she was not human; there's no way a child could emit this much killing intent. After about a minute or two her aura seemed to explode, I fell to my knees unable to breath and then it was gone. I look up to see her standing over me. I thought to myself 'this is the end for me.' but to my shock she began trying to help me up. "Come on get up,I got to ask you something." As she lifted me up I thought for the second time today my expectations were completely subverted. "What are you?" I asked with a puzzled face. She looked at me and with a smile she spoke.''I'm just as human as you are." 'Lies.' I thought to myself.''Names Rimuru Royota,and you?" she said. I sensed no hostility from her so I spoke.''Giyu Tomiyoka,the water pillar." "What's a pillar?" She asked. I chuckled internally at this. Either she's a very powerful newborn or she is strong enough to challenge a hashira for their position. "Tell me are you truly human Rimuru?" I asked. She then gave me look like I was stupid."What did I tell you the first time" she replied in a very annoyed tone. Well only time will tell.''Well the boy wakes up and tells him to go see a man named Sakonji Urokodaki.At the foot of Mt.Sangiri." I then moved to find some bamboo and when I did I came back and gagged his sister. After about an hour or so of waiting I leave and begin to write to the old man.

Back to the present

I looked the girl up and down a few times,she seemed to be deep in thought.''Who are you ?" I finally asked. She turned and looked at me,her face blank, not giving off any hints to her intitions. Then a joyous smile crossed her face but her scent gave off grief. "Well mate,looks like we got an adventure ahead of us." I looked at her a bit confused.'Mate?!' That's an odd way to address a stranger. "My name is Tanjiro,what's yours ?" I asked as I got up. "Rimuru." she said as she helped me get up. Her hands were soft, it was as if she had never worked a day in her life. After we got up I began to think of my next move.''That guy that you fought earlier said we should head to Mt.Sangiri." I looked back at him a bit shocked,'Was she reading my thoughts ?' " Hold on. Before we go I would like to bury my family." I said in a depressed tone. Her face then twisted and contorted in an odd way,it was as if I made her remember something important that she forgot to do. " Uhm... well then if that's the case I would like to as well." Not a word after that was exchanged after that she silently helped me bury my family and as I was praying Nezuko seemed to be in a state of shock only following me and very little emotion came from her. Well one can only express so much emotion with a gag in their mouth.

As we began to trek down the mountain I asked Ceil what skills were sealed. She told me most of them were sealed because the world would not be able to hold up to my power. She also told me of the situation of the world and how demons function and how they can't be in sunlight.'Muzan.' I thought to myself.The man considers himself to be king of all demons yet he hides in the shadows. This would be an interesting adventure indeed. I remembered telling myself once I felt like Tempest didn't need me I would go on an adventure. The time is now, to seize my adventure. [Notice] This is not a good coping mechanism. Ciel said in an annoyed tone. As she said this we arrived at the scene that caused me to go on this journey. [Notice] If you would look in the drawer to your left and so I did. Tanjiro was disgusted at the scene. He had a melloncolich air around him. "So he got your family too." he said. I didn't respond as I lifted what was inside the drawer and placed it on my face. It was Shizu's mask and it hid my pained face but did not hide the tears. As I slowly walked out and began digging.