Training

'How are you master? I hope this finds you in good health. I Am sending three individuals your way. A young boy with a good nose such as yourself. A demon who is the boy's sister, she has shown incredible restraint and I believe she and the boy have potential. The third is another girl but this one when I first met her she had a very heavy aura about her . I was certain she was a high ranking demon but she claims to be human. I imagine with the right training She could take on all the hashiras at once and win. Sorry for the short notice and again I hope you are well.

-Tomioka Giyu

As I approached the scent of the demon I saw a very strange scene before me. The demon's head was pinned to a tree and the boy that Giyu mentioned is standing behind a blue haired girl. She seemed to be questioning the demon. So I decided to move closer and that's when it hit me. The air around me became heavy; it was as if weights had been put on my back. It was the most painful thing I had experienced in my life. Just as I came it vanished but one I was certain on one thing that girl is not human. "I-I...I can't." the demon said in a pained voice. The boy seems to stumble away in fear of what he just experienced. I don't blame him.

"Oh well. Tanjiro,finish him off." The girl's voice is cold. It's almost as if she has experience in taking a life and has no qualms with it. The boy takes out his knife and begins to walk forward.

"That's not going to work." I say as I reach out and grab his shoulder. He jumps back a bit in fear as for him I just appeared yet the girl seems calm. It was as if she was already aware of my presence.

Rimuru

'So the old man decided to make his appearance.' I thought to myself. Tanjiro then proceeds to find a rock and begins walking towards the demon. He then stops a few feet from the demon and I sensed hesitation. Not only that but I sensed empathy and pity for the demon. [ It would seem that Tanjiro feels bad for the demon due to the fact they never asked for this] Well I can definitely reason with that but in my eyes the moment you reject humanity what happens happens. I then take the rock from Tanjiro's hands and walk forward. The demon has a face of fear as I raise the rock high and with a swift movement and loud crunch the head turns to ash.

The sun then rises and I turn to see a horrified Tanjiro and the old man with his head down. The old man then begins to bury the bodies so I decided to help him

It takes a bit for Tanjiro to collect himself but when he does he notices Nezuko not near him and he bolts into the small hut to find his sister cuddling up in her basket and fearing for her life. As I walk up behind him and see this I can't help but chuckle a bit. "Eh!? Rimuru, what's so funny?" "Nothing Tanjiro,nothing." I say in a bid to hide how I feel about this scene.

Tanjiro then walks over to the old man. "Uhm." The man then turns to face Tanjiro. "I am Sakonji Urokodaki. You two must be the ones Giyu told me about." He says in a rather flat tone. "I am Tanjiro Kamado and my sister Nezuko is the one in the basket." "I am Rimuru Royota but. Rimuru will do just fine." Sakonji nods and then turns back to Tanjiro. "So Tanjiro tell me, '' What will you do when your sister eats a human?" The air seems to stop as I can literally hear Tanjiro's heart drop. He freezes, unable to give a response. 'Smack' rings out as Sakonji slaps Tanjiro."Too slow. In a fight in a life or death situation will never give you time to think. You need to be ready to move and make decisions in quick succession. You struggle with the simplest decisions and couldn't kill the demon with Rimuru stepping in.You are too soft." Jesus, he was laying it on thick on the kid. "If your sister ever kills an innocent human you kill her then take your blade and slit your belly. That's what it means to travel with a demon."

'It would seem that I and the old man agree on some things more than others.' [Agreed.] "Do you understand?" And as if his words invigorated Tanjiro he responds immediately. "YES!" Sakonji then nods and then turns to me. "Now then young ma'am remove your mask please." An odd request but I guess he just wants to know what I look like. I then remove my mask and I see him recoil a bit and I put my mask back on. "That will be the only time you see my face." I say a bit saddened.