Chapter 4;

You were shocked to see the man in front of you, you stumbled to your feet swaying slightly to the side.

"M-Mr Stark, hello." You coughed and tried to straighten up your hair. You imagined that you didn't look the best right now, after a long night of partying and drinking.

Of course, Tony Stark would be in this part of town, it was most likely his playground. He was wearing a simple white t-shirt and slacks, paired with a blazer with some trainers. He had a pair of red glasses on to finish of the look. He looked suave.

"Woah, come on, Sweetheart." He grabbed your arm gently to help you stay in one spot, "I didn't take you as a good time girl."

You laughed, shocked that he would insinuate such a thing, "I'm very much not. I just came out for drinks with friends, and they all left. I'm waiting for my Uber – " You stopped, "And why I am explaining myself?"

Tony let go of your arm, that he was still holding, and looked you up and down, "They just left you?"

"I told them too."

"Smart." Tony replied, riddled with sarcasm.

"My Uber will be here soon, thank you for checking on me, Mr Stark." You turned away from him, pretending to ignore him standing there.

"I don't think so. Come on, I'll take you home."
You turned around slowly, bewildered that THE Tony Stark just offered you a ride home, well to your hotel.

Part of you wanted to accept it but the other part of you didn't want to. He was a notorious playboy, and you were not about to be on his ventures.

"And no, not like that either. If we are going to be partners, I actually need you in one piece." He held his arm out for you take. You didn't know if it was the alcohol in your system or if you were dreaming but did Tony just say he wanted to be your partner.

"Have you been drinking, Mr Stark?" The slur in your words becoming very apparent as you walked down the road.

"Not enough to be over the limit and know it's not safe for a girl like you to be left alone on the streets of New York, no matter where you are."

"But it seems safe around here?"

"Sweetheart, rich men feel entitled to everything, it's very much the opposite. You are safer in The Bronx."

"You say that like I know what that means."
You replied, stopping next to a car parked on the street. You didn't know much about cars, but it was a two-seater and it looked like it went fast.

Oh, and it was red and gold. Very apt.

Opening the car door for you, you slid inside the car. You remembered to cancel your Uber so you wouldn't get a phone call from the driver wondering where you were.

He got into his side of the car and drove off. You didn't understand what was happening, things like this only happen in books. Not real life. How did Tony happen to be in the exact place as you at the same time? Everything just seemed a little too convenient.

"Where do you live?" Tony asked, one hand on the steering wheel and the other in his lap. You looked at his hand, rough and big, the way it sat just perfect on his leg as he drove down the streets.

"Oh erm – The New Yorker."

"The hotel?"

"Yeah." You replied, as you were now looking down at your lap, fiddling with your fingers.

The drink slowly overcoming you as you were speeding down the streets of Manhattan. Your head fell sharply, and you started to laugh, "I had way too much."

"We all like to overindulge. I'm the CEO of it." He started laughing with you, a proper laugh, or so it seemed, it could have been the drink fogging your mind.

The rest of the car journey was in silence, the radio was playing, and you were trying not to throw up in his very expensive car with leather interior.

The lights around the city smeared into one another as you passed them at such speed. It occurred to you that Tony must've thought the rules did not apply to him.

As you pulled up outside your hotel, you sat there for a while, it felt like he wanted to say something but chose not to. As the silence went on for what felt like an actual entirety you turned to him, "Thank you, Mr Stark. I appreciate this."

"That'll be $12, please."

"Haha, very funny." You replied, as you climbed out of his car.

Before he left, he reached over the seat to look at you through the open window, "I still expect you at work tomorrow, 8am sharp."

"Of course, Mr Stark."

"And please," He huffed, "call me Tony."

"Yes, Tony – I will be at work tomorrow 8am sharp."

"Good girl." He rolled the window back up and sped off into the night. Leaving you outside the hotel, with the doorman holding the door for you.

You still couldn't believe what happened, he must really care about his interns to personally drop you off at your hotel after a night out.

You strolled into your hotel room, pulling off your converse and just falling onto the bed. You did not have the energy to take off all your makeup and take off your clothes. It was one of those nights, basically where you fell you were going to sleep.

However, you did set an alarm for the morning. The only sensible thing you did all night.