Chapter 7;

You were already out, the same area as last time just a different bar. Zak had insisted that he pay again, and after you refused for the umpteenth time, you gave in.

It was just you and Zak tonight, as no one else wanted to come out. At least that's what Zak told you, you had a feeling he hadn't told them it was even happening tonight.

You didn't mind though; Zak was great company to be in.

You were, however, very annoyed with Tony after what he had said at work a few hours before. He saw you as nothing more than a kid, clearly. Compared to him you probably were but you didn't appreciate him being so – Tony.

"Hey, what you are thinking about?" Zak shouted above the music as he handed you your drink, you walked back to a booth and shrugged.

"Just work, I guess."

"Well, you shouldn't even be thinking of work whilst we are out. Leave that at the door." He rested a hand on your thigh and smiled. You placed your hand over his and gave it a little squeeze. You knew he was right; you were here to enjoy yourself, not think about Tony.

"Aren't you pleased to be working with Mr Stark?" He enquired, his hand still on your knee.

"Oh yeah, it's great but – I don't know." You crossed your leg over the other, so his hand dropped. You didn't mind his hand there, but it grew uncomfortable. You didn't believe that was his intention at all.

"Did something happen?" Zak asked, almost urgently.

"Oh no, nothing bad. Just Tony being Tony."

"Tony?" He raised an eyebrow, "First name basis already?"

"He told me he prefers it." You shrugged looking up at Zak who sat there with an expression you couldn't quite read.

"Are you like – "He stopped, trying to find the right words, "Do you like him?"

You turned your whole body around and shook your head, laughing almost at his insinuation, "I like him, as in he is my boss, and he is helping me find my potential but nothing more."

"Hm, right." He shotted his drink in one and smiled up at you, "Anyway, want to dance?"

"Sure." He got up first and you grabbed his hand, and made your way to the dance floor.

As you danced together, his hands found your waist and he was giving you intense eye contact. You loved the closeness as the drink flowed through your veins. Before you had got onto the dance floor, you had had lots to drink and so dancing only fuelled it.

You could feel the music in your bones as danced to the music, anywhere other than a club, this music was not your thing. When you were drunk and dancing, it was a masterpiece to your ears.

Zak got closer to you as you danced, your foreheads were almost touching, "I love this." He said, looking into your eyes, slurring his words.

"Me too. Having someone I can just dance my stresses away with." The song had finished and a new one had started; the lighting had changed, and you were still so close to each other. You really had realised how close his lips were to yours.

You didn't know if it was the alcohol that had consumed the both of you that had caused the closeness or if he was trying to make a move on you, surely the former.

Zak leaned in to try and kiss you and you turned your head quickly, "Sorry I just yeah, I need the toilet."

Zak was left on the dancefloor as you ran to the toilets, so many thoughts were running through your head. Was he going to remember this tomorrow? Was he going to be angry that you didn't kiss him back? Did he still want to be friends with you? And why didn't you just kiss him?