THE WORDS THAT MADE THEM HAPPY ONCE ECHOED AS A CURSE

WISHFUL-THINKER-10'S POV

Spying on Freddie from a distance was a little pleasure, one of the few the mission provided me

Spying on Freddie from a distance was a little pleasure, one of the few the mission provided me. Well, it was also a pleasure keeping Elideth company in some key moments and enjoying her friendship and trust, tasting Jer's cheese biscuits and being able to see Farrokh growing up so healthy and good-looking.

But I couldn't even compare that to Freddie Mercury. He monopolized all my cravings towards any men. He had been my dreamer lover all my life since I was a teenager and now I had him just some inches from me.

We were in the BBC studios in which it would become their last performing act in the mythical music show, Top of the Pops with Las palabras de amor. That was one of my favourite songs from Queen. I loved to hear those few spanish words. How many loving spanish words I could whisper in my persian god's ear.

I'd always thought he wasn't feeling fine while he was performing the song

I'd always thought he wasn't feeling fine while he was performing the song. It was obvious the band hated doing lip-synch and that figured out. But I felt the leader of Queen looked different. Very handsome wearing that black suit with bow-tie like Roger but restless, out of place, wishing to start to roll to finish at last.

The make-up artist had finished with him and I felt like coming up to him and ask him, "What's the matter? What's in that fool artist's mind?" but he was right away surrounded by people. Phoebe handing him some drink and Miami talking to him about some affair.

Elideth had come to the set to see him. In fact she was still the same old fan, like me. With the little difference she had come with his idol's son. Farrokh, therefore, became the star instead the band.

Soon after that featuring on live, Freddie drove directly to Heathrow to welcome the infamous Bill Reid who came to spend some time with his love. Eli and I knew quite well Queen's timeline. The night before the Milton Keynes show, on 4th June, that wild beast would bite Freddie's hand. That got her so restless.

- I have to go to Stafford Terrace. Take care of Farrokh.

- El, my dear. Don't do it. Just let everything flow, all things must pass. He needs that now. That asshole will last so few in his life.