THERE'S A LIMIT ON HOW FAR WE GO

It was very complicated knowing if Freddie was joking or not with the comment but it seemed fairly clear that there wouldn't be a threesome inside that bath tub. For my own rest.

I felt terribly embarrased by the fact that Freddie had found us in that way in his bathroom. I wanted to go away from there as soon as possible. Damn Killer had messed all up. I didn't need her fucking presence in my particular mission with Bill Reid. I had to deal with so many things at a time. Rejecting her was not professional and implying that with patience and love she could get me some day it didn't feel good now because she would stick to me like glue.

Killer was a little down on her luck inside Queen entourage, that figured out. Freddie did no longer see her with the same eyes as years before. As she was so close to Prenter, he didn't definitely banish her. He didn't regard her as the disgusting rat she really was despite her arguable actions in the past and still in the present time.

I was wondering so eagerly what he would think of me, frolic in his own territory with this devil. His vision of me, if he had any, did it change?

- Nina, I want you come with Paul to buy some material. Would you like?

It was like when you want your child doesn't hear an argument and you send him to play outside. Sort of. I was suspicious.

- Why? -Killer, the wayward, asked.

- It's a novelty you asked me that question, you always loved to visit my dealer

- It's a novelty you asked me that question, you always loved to visit my dealer. But let the first line belongs to Bill, then he might keep himself content. He behaved quite well today. Arlene and I need some chatting.

I didn't know how Killer could take that because she was jealous of everything and everyone. But she always obeyed Freddie like a faithful devotee. She was very aware of the second chance the singer had given her. It was one of those presents she always said nobody gave to her. So she obeyed without a word.

What she didn't really know was I had just given her another chance when I decided not to killl her yet. Or maybe she knew it and that excited her even more. One never knew with that dark double-dealer woman.

I was nervous like a student before a speech. Even though Phoebe was around there as usual, it really seemed like we were alone. Freddie Mercury and me alone again. And with the image in his eyes of his wife's bodyguard getting cozy with Nina Barron. If he was pissed off with me I understood and I didn't have anything to argue about. Basically because I was angrier than him. Obviously it wasn't comfortable that role of Killer's girlfriend to his eyes but what it really frightened me was how near was of killing her. I worried about my diminished resistence and my untimely killer instinct. So far I had got the timing right but now I almost had fucked it all up. Was my task as "avenger" taking its toll?

- A long day on the beach? -I chose to start saying something insignificant. But nothing looked insignificant that night.

- How do you know?