2

"Hey! I wanted to ask that question, is it okay if I come in?" The girl asks.
My face turns a little red and I lag a little. That's the first time someone has asked me that.

"Uh-" I stutter.
"Ah! it's okay you don't have to!" She turns red, too. She turns to start walking away.
I've made this awkward didn't I.

"Wait!" I call out and she turns back around, "Yeah it's okay, come in!"

***

I set a cup of tea in front of her.
"So, what's your name?" I ask, sitting on the side of my bed.
"Kyoka Jiro," she sits next to me, "pleasure to finally meet a new person!"

Jiro spots the records I have hanging on the wall. They don't have music on them, they're just for cosmetic.
"You a music guy?" She looks back over to me.
"I take it you are too, those jacks look like they'd fit well in a guitar," I grab her jack dangling from her ear. She doesn't seem to care.
"I've taken to learning a few instruments myself," Jiro blushes and swats her jack out of my hand.

"What was that question from earlier?" I totally let it slip my mind till now.
"Uhm... Forget it, it wasn't all too important!" Jiro makes sudden eye contact with me.

"Something wrong, Jiro?" I don't let my eyes wander from her's.
"Oh- sorry it's nothing!" Jiro shakes her head like she's disabling some sort of spell, "I'm probably just tired--look at the time!" She holds up her phone in some sort of panic to show that it's 8:15 Pm.

"Oh okay!" I give her a smile and she stands up from beside me, "Nice meeting you, Jiro!" I say just as she walks out the door.

Phew. She didn't find out.

***

"Alright class, today you will be making your own teams and patrolling the streets." Mr. Aizawa says, nonchalantly as always.
"You may now pick your teams, whenever you're ready, you can go into the streets. Be sure to return by 2."

I sit at my desk and tap my pencil against it. Nobody's going to pick the new kid. Maybe it's because his quirk is unknown... Maybe because he could have some outside connection to the league of villains... Maybe because--
"Hey again," Jiro catches me by surprise.
"Oh- uh hi, Jiro!" I flash a small smile.
"Want to join our team?" Jiro asks, moving out of the way so I can see her team, "I kinda just got randomly picked so It'd be nice to have someone I'm comfortable with on the team," She whispers into my ear.

I giggle a bit. I'm flattered.
"Yeah of course!" I get up from my desk.
Our team consists of 4 members. Izuku Midoriya, a blonde guy... I think his name is Kaccan? Jiro, and me.
"Looks like we're ready," Midoriya says with utmost excitement.

"Wait wait stop," Mr Aizawa says, "You have to make a team name. Present it to me once you're done."

Midoriya gets to thinking. So does blondie. Jiro leans on the desk behind her. I sit down at the desk she's leaning on.
"How about..." Blondie starts, "Manslaughter Maniacs!" He speaks his mind when he definitely shouldn't have.
"Bakugo don't you think that's a little violent?" Jiro shrugs.
"I got it!" Midoriya saves us, "The power types!" Midoriya exclaims. Jiro isn't necessarily a power type but it'll have to do because nobody else has anything better.

We all nod in unison.

We go to Mr. Aizawa, looks like we're the last team to do so.

Team Power Type.

"Approved."