18

I'm in the black void again.

Only this time...

I'm alone.

The room has an immeasurable sadness to it.
I want to cry.

***

Y/n POV

"Where am I?" I say as I open my eyes and see my surroundings. They are unfamiliar.

"Hello, Y/n." Says a masked man. He almost looks like a Walmart ghostface.
"So, today... We have a surprise for you." He has a menacing kimono covering his body.
"You said you were American right?" The man asks.
"Yeah I did..." My voice is unrecognizable.
"You wouldn't be familiar with this tactic then," He grabs tools from a counter, "So, I am going to freeze your arm and pour hot water on it. All while you are fully conscious."

The thought makes my hairs stand on end. I'm almost positive it'll melt the skin on my arm away.

But instead of struggling, I think about how worried Jiro must be. Or how worried she must've been when I got kidnapped. She was there.

Then the kidnapper pulls a freeze oil gun from a drawer.
"You see, this was a relic from WW2. They used to use these for this reason."

"Why are you doing this?" I start breaking. My calm and patient self has run out.

"You have something I want..." He gets on his knees in front of me. Showing off his glaring Oni mask.

I try to stay calm. He starts freezing my arm. Slowly but surely I lose all feeling in my hand.

So cold...

My eyes start closing. I'm passing out.

***

"Son. We've never been on good terms. But you are forever cursed with my ability...

Use it."

I wake up in the void and my dad starts talking to me.

"I left all of the good in me behind to make sure you wouldn't turn out like I did...

You can still prove that heroes should be feared." He says.

I think... Is he saying that he gave me his good in order to insure I wasn't going to be bad?

***

A long slap brings me back. I try to struggle out of the chair but the restraints hold me down.

I look around... This chair is connected to the rest of the building.
My arm feels like it's on fire even though it's being frozen.

A loud bang followed by a scream illuminates the room.
"WHAT'D I SAY ABOUT KICKING THAT!" The man puts the freezer down and runs out of the door.

This is my chance.

I palm the chair I'm sitting on. The chair decays along with the restraints.

Whoever that scream came from...

You saved me.