Chapter 3

When the alarms sounded signifying a breach in the prison, Fundy wasn't sure what to feel. On one hand, one of the most dangerous people on the entire server was trapped in that prison, and him escaping could spell disaster.

On the other hand, that man was also Fundy's fiancé. Despite the chaos and obvious tension between the two, they had never officially broken it off. And as much as he didn't want to, Fundy still cared deeply for Dream. 

The announcement being made about Dream's escape only made things worse.

"Fuck." Fundy slammed his head on the wooden surface of his desk. He had been debating and thinking for five whole fucking days since Dream's escape and still had not come to a conclusion about his feelings. 

The fox hybrid reached under his shirt collar, drawing out the necklace hidden underneath. The only decoration on the necklace was a simple ring, but that ring was the cause of Fundy's inner conflict. (dude should really talk to Master Oogway about finding inner peace)

The ring was nothing fancy, just a narrow gold band with a small green jewel embedded in it. Dream's ring had been the same, but with an orange jewel instead. Staring at the piece of jewelry now, Fundy felt close to crying. His head still laid against the cool surface of his desk, fox ears twitching slightly. The orange tail sprouting from the base of his spine hung limp, a sure sign that the fox was unhappy. 

Goddammit, he missed Dream. He missed their late-night cuddles and goodnight kisses. He missed cooking a meal and having Dream come up behind him and wrap his arms around his waist. He missed meeting each other in secret because there was no way Wilbur would approve. He missed combing his fingers through Dream's hair as the other man pet his ears gently. He missed waking up to see the handsome freckled face beside him. Hell, he even missed the times they weren't together, because at least then Fundy knew they would reunite later. Dream always came back.

Until he didn't.

Fundy hadn't realized he was crying until he lifted his head from the desk and saw the moisture collected on it's surface. He heaved out a sigh, ad wiped the water away with the sleeve of his jacket.

As he was about to stand up and go to bed, Fundy got a strong sense that he was forgetting something. To make sure, he went through a mental checklist. 

Hat? Check.

Jacket? Check.

Ring on necklace? Check. 

Rising sense of dread and loneliness that he knew wouldn't go away until he came to terms with the fact that he still loved Dream and wanted to find him and fix their relationship? Check.

So what...?

Fundy brushed his fingers across the ring, as if assuring himself it was still there. As he did, the jewel moved slightly. Frowning, he held the ring up to the light. If it broke somehow, he swears to Prime... But as he touched the green stone again, it rotated and made a clicking sound. The ring began to hover slightly in the air. It tugged gently on the necklace cord, trying to go somewhere northwest. That was when Fundy remembered what he had forgotten. 

When designing the rings, he had added a secret enchantment to the stones. He told Dream if they ever needed to find each other, they could simply twist the jewel and the ring would lead the to it's counterpart.

How could he have been so stupid?! The answer to his predicament had been sitting around his neck for the last few days, and he hadn't even though about it. 

Hurriedly, Fundy stood up and began to pack. Gods be damned if he wasn't going to find his fiancé and confront him. He shoveled items into his inventory and a bag; food, potions, weapons, a few blocks. Armor was secured over his jacket, but he elected to leave the helmet off. Fundy didn't want to take off his hat, as it was somewhat of a comfort item, but he didn't want to squish it under the helmet either. 

As he locked his front door behind him, Fundy realized he hadn't really thought his plan through. Was he really going to leave alone,  without telling anyone, and possibly travel a vast distance just to come face-to face with his psychopathic murderer boyfriend? 

The answer was yes. Definitely. 

~~~~~

The fox man sighed as he poked his campfire with a stick. He had been traveling for five days, only resting at night, and had yet to come across anything that had to do with Dream.

"Gods dammit Dream," he mumbled sullenly, ceasing the poking. "Why are you so dam good at hiding?"

======

Just three days' travel away from the lonely campsite, a man sneezed. Well, I did just escape from the most high-security prison in the world, he thought. People are bound to be talking about me. 

I've been pre-writing this for a while, that why updates have been so frequent. They'll slow down in a bit when we get closer to the end of the already written chapters. Just a warning for people who haven't read my other books, it can take anywhere between an hour and a month between updates. Just depends on my motivation to write.

-Mags