Epilogue

Alexia

It's been a few months since Evelynne and I got together and everything is going really great. Our relationship is stronger than ever, and, to be honest, I am too. I've been going to therapy and group therapy every week and I've slowly been getting better. I've also gained some new friends from going. 

However, I'm still not 100 percent yet, I still have a ways to go. But I always have something to look forward to that keeps me going. Like today, Evelynne and I are celebrating six months together. Speaking of...

"Lex are you almost ready! I've been waiting ten years dow here!" I couldn't help but smile.

"I'll be down in a sec! Perfection takes time!"

"You're already perfect! Stop fishing for compliments and hurry up!"

I laughed as I grabbed my bag and left my room. Tonight we're going to a super fancy restaurant even though I insisted we didn't have to. However, Eve didn't agree because I've been wanting to go there for a while. 

"You know...I barely even took that long. You're just dramatic," I said as I walked down the stairs.

"Me? Dramatic? Never!" She replied, faking hurt. "Now that you are finally ready, we can leave. And you look absolutely stunning by the way." 

After she was done with her dramatics, we finally got in the car. I was so excited, even if I didn't want to go at first. I've wanted to go to this place ever since it opened. It's a new modern expensive ass restaurant that I've heard has really good food. 

After the thirty-minute car ride, we finally made it, just in time for our reservation. I don't even know how she managed to get the reservation, because when I called they said they were booked for the next few months. I don't think I want to know what she did. 

We walked in hand-in-hand, both dressed in our best clothes. I was wearing black dress pants and a black blazer buttoned in the middle with a black turtleneck underneath, complete with black heels. Eve was wearing the same thing, just in pink. 

Dinner overall is going fantastic, the food is great, my date is great, and the atmosphere is amazing. I have decided that we were definitely coming here again. 

"Now, it's present time," Eve started. "I made this straight from the heart and I hope you love it."

She handed me a bag, a nervous expression on her face. I pulled out a little book that said "A Guide to Our love" on the cover. I glanced up at her with a confused expression.

"It's like a timeline of our relationship. It's pictures and stories that show our love. There are empty pages so that we can continue it." 

"It's perfect." I started to tear up as I went through it. It has pictures of the two of us and stories that she's written about us. There are even poems and little notes. I don't think I've ever gotten anything so nice. 

I gave her my present next, but I don't think anything could top that. I couldn't have asked for a better night. 

The next thing on our plates is college. We're graduating in only a few weeks and we've both decided to go to colleges near each other and rent an apartment together. She's studying law and I'm studying literature. 

My dream is to become an author and maybe a professor or teacher. Now, I get to go on the journey to achieve with someone I love by my side. 

This is only the beginning of our story, or, the guide to our love. And we have so much more ahead of us. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is the end of the story, but it's not the end of their story. I've been thinking of writing a sequel about their life in the future if anyone would be interested in reading that.

I've grown a little attached to these characters because they remind me of my childhood best friend and me. I would love to continue writing about them. 

Thank you all for 1k reads also. It means a lot and every read is appreciated. 

See you all soon!