¹ summer of love & death

—

AMELIE HOPPER ALWAYS FOUND HERSELF DISASSOCIATING FROM HER REALITY, she was a dreamy, creative, and intuitive person. she always found herself living inside of her head and not with what was in front of her.

amelie was shy, she wasn't very outspoken... she actually preferred to not talk at all ninety percent of the time, so she never did.

she didn't care for friends, she never went out of her way to make any, she liked to keep to herself. the only reason why she had a whole friend group was because of her older sister el, who was quite literally the complete opposite of her.

el was a big, fiery ball of energy, while amelie was a shy, sensitive wave calmly brushing over the ocean waters. to put into perspective, el was fire, and amelie was water.

el liked to look flashy, she liked to look her best at all
times—-she liked nice things, she liked looking fancy, and there was nothing in the whole world that she loved more than shopping.

the whole glamorous lifestyle was pretty much her thing.

amelie liked to read, draw, and paint. she hated the mall more than anything in the world after getting banned from it three times. baggy clothes and some sneakers were her usual go to outfits.

yeah, they were nothing alike.

they were the causal opposite sisters, well... not blood sisters.

you see, amelie was adopted. they weren't actually related. she was adopted when she was nine after her biological mom passed away in a plane crash.

yes, a fucking plane crash.

the odds of that are slim to nothing, you're far more likely to die from being bit by a shark, or even a coconut falling on your head and killing you. but it wasn't something you just heard about in the movies, it happened to her own mom.

it was all over the news, it was a tragedy.

and as far as a father, she had no idea who he was, she's never even seen a picture of him—-her mom had her when she was fifteen, a clear result of a teen pregnancy.

and the guy who got her pregnant completely abandoned her.

she never thought about her dad when she was younger though, it was just her and her mom and she didn't mind it. her mom was her best friend, she didn't need friends—-she had her mom to be there with her through everything.