³ hells party

—

THE FRIDAY NIGHT AIR WAS CRISP AGAINST EVERYONE, the dnd campaign was over, and so was the championship with hawkins high winning due to a buzzer beater from lucas sinclair himself, amelie couldn't be more proud of her friend.

but now, she had to find a way to sneak passed mike and a way into the party.

the hellfire club plus amelie walked out of the building, cheering after their campaign, however amelie just had her hands in her pocket despite rolling a twenty, she didn't care about any of this.

plus mike was giving her a strong side eye.

"i'm uh..." amelie began before locking her eyes with mikes, "gonna split, you know, since it's my dads birthday and all" she said with a clenched jaw, mike staring back at her with just as much fury.

"tell big boy chief police hopper that i said happy birthday... and also to talk to my probation officer because that guy does not leave me alone" eddie said as he placed a hand on amelie's shoulder, making her laugh loudly.

damn was this kid funny.

"will do, i'll see you guys" amelie waved to the group before grabbing her skateboard off the side of the brick wall and throwing it down on the ground, skating off into the dark night and back to her house.

as she skated down the street, she wondered to herself how the hell she was actually going to get in, of course it had been a lingering thought the entire night—-but now, the time had actually come.

she wasn't scared of mike, but she cared about him, she cared about upsetting him.

had it not been for that, she would've kicked his ass for pulling the shit that he did earlier in the cafeteria, it still made her blood boil just thinking about it.

but because she did care about him so much, there came a consequence... she felt herself listening to his demands much more than she should.

was it pathetic? yes.

did she regret it? no.

amelie laid on her bed with her headphones on, staring at the ceiling... bored out of her mind at ten pm on a friday night. all she could think about was how she got invited to her first party and mike ruined it for her.

but why?

why did he care so much?

she was a junior in high school, and she had never even kissed a boy, smoked, or had a sip of alcohol, she felt like a complete loser—-most kids her age were out doing all those things, and she was sitting in her bedroom doing nothing.