² a year in time

—

OVER A YEAR AFTER THE FATAL SUMMER OF AMELIES LOVE HAPPENED, the friend group still remained, and so did amelie's resentment. everything that happened were things that she would never forget—-she was stuck, stuck in el's shadow.

mike and el had been dating for roughly a year and a half now.

amelie never got used to it, it bothered her all the time, but she did learn how to tolerate it... it wasn't easy, seeing mike at her house all the time before he went off in el's room and did god knows what with her.

she didn't want to think about it, not with her sister at least...

she had intense pent up anger at herself, she hated herself for never having enough balls to say anything about her emotions, she was the reason why el got everything she wanted.

el took the leap, and amelie stayed planted.

amelie had to learn how to take that leap.

el had been taking the leap her entire life, she was a badass, she moved shit with her mind, escaped a governmental lab, opened and closed portals to other dimensions, and saved the world multiple times.

thankfully, it had been almost two and a half years since anything related to the upside down has happened as well, which was a breath or relief for everyone, they had finally killed off everything.

or did they?

amelie, however, was nowhere near taking that leap, not having remotely enough confidence for it—-she did however, find herself sitting across from the couple that she couldn't tell if she hated, or was just incredibly jealous of.

maybe a little bit of both.

amelie dug her fork into her salad aggressively as she death stared mike and el sitting across from her while breathing heavily, she looked like she wanted to rip both of their spines out—-which max obviously noticed.

max noticed everything, and it tore her apart seeing her best friend in this much pain.

"have you guys applied to any colleges yet?" lucas asked everyone, amelie just looked out the window with her headphones in at this point, this conversation didn't apply to her considering she was a year younger than everyone else.

"no not yet, you?" dustin asked before taking a sip of his drink, "nah, still stuck on where i want to even apply" lucas shook his head, but el giggled as she wrapped her arms around one of mikes before answering,

this caught amelie's attention instantly before she began eyeing both of them like a hawk,

"mike and i are applying to all the same schools so we don't have to worry about long distance" she said as she dreamily looked up at him, making mike smile softly,