Dinner Fight

Park Yuna🎨

Beomgyu and I keep running until we reach the apartment. We wait outside for a second, panting, my hands on my knees. I turn to look at him and my smile drops. I quickly rush over to the boy sprawled out on ground, struggling to breathe.

"Beomgyu, hey, hey are you okay? Beomgyu, look at me. Take deep breaths, alright," I say, as I start to panic. "You stupid bitch, he has a broken arm for God's sake. Why on earth would you make him run like that?" I say to myself out loud. 

"No, no, it's okay. I'm fine. Great, actually," Beomgyu says, shaking his head, a giddy smile on his face. 

"You sure?" I question, eyebrows raised. He gives me a nod, head bouncing up and down, making him look like a child. 

"Okay then, get up," I say as I heave him up, onto his feet. We walk over to my apartment building and up to the fourth floor. I take out my keys and shove it into a door that said 'Room 403'. I let Beomgyu walk in first, and then follow as I lock the door. 

"Home sweet home I guess. It's not a 'golden chandelier decorated, with expensive gadgets and toilets that flush on their own hotel suite' but hey, what are our hands for?" I say, in an attempt to lighten up the mood. He looks around the place, mouth held open.

I feel quite self conscious about our small place. Obviously he wasn't used to something like this, considering where he lived. I glance over to him. All my worries are instantly thrown out the door, as I see a bright smile adorning his face. "This place looks...homely," he remarks. "I love it." 

"Glad you do. Would have yeeted you outta here if you didn't," I say, walking towards the kitchen. He smiles and follows. I take out the left over ice cream and shove it all in the refrigerator. I turn around to look at him. 

"Sooo..." I leave that hanging.

"Sooo..." He does too. 

My God, this is painful. "You stink. Why don't you go take a shower," I say with a smile. Beomgyu looks over at me, stonefaced, probably wondering if he truly does stink. He slowly bends his face down to take a sniff of himself. He comes up looking confused. 

"I'm kidding, Beomgyu. You don't stink. And even if you did, I wouldn't say it to your face. I'm just saying you had a long day, and a long, hot shower can do wonders," I say, hoping to clarify myself and not seem like bitch. 

He just lets out an, "Oh." 

I think I scared him. "Anyways, the bathroom is right here." I walk over and point to the door.

 "Uh, thanks." He pauses. "What... what are you going to be doing in the mean time?" 

I shrug. "Take a shower too, I guess." 

"Would...would you like to go first?" he says in an odd, gentlemanly way. 

"It's okay, we can just go together," I smile. 

He looks genuinely horrified, as he jumps up and gets as far away from me as he possibly can, wrapping his hands around his chest in the process, unable to look me in the eye. I smile, satisfied.

"What, you don't want to?" I ask with a pout. I gasp suddenly, putting my hands on my face, bringing in my inner Jun Jihyun. "You weren't thinking of us...actually-" I gasp again. "Beomgyu! Do I look like such a young woman to you? Oh, how scandalous."

I look up to see his expression, only to see him look extremely terrified. I think I should stop. 

"Beomgyu, it was a joke. A pathetic attempt, really. I think I'm losing my humour by not hanging out with my friends for two days," I chuckle awkwardly. He joins in as well, but really, he looks like he's about to drown himself in his own misery.