Who are you?

Heellloo my lovelies! I'm a young teen who loves Avatar, and I thought I'd give writing a go. This is my first fanfiction I've ever written, and its based off both my realistic and idealistic life :P

I hope you enjoy!!

**************************************************************************

Muriel's POV:

You don't know, oh oh! You don't know you're beautiful! I woke up with a start, my One Direction alarm clock blasting its hit single. Groaning, I placed my head in my hands and tried to recall what I saw throughout the night. It was him again; the thought made me shudder. His voice sounded so familiar, like I knew who it was, though I can't put my finger on it yet. I recalled the rest of my dream. All I could see was water, a ton of water around me, suspending me off the ground, floating weightlessly. The sun shined ultimately bright, burning me up and cooling me down at the same time. It was so relaxing. Then suddenly, the earth rumbled, and I was forced upwards, towards the sky. My body broke through the water, and out of nowhere I was floating at the top of a tornado. Fear struck throughout my mind. Its time, Muriel. Don't let it go. Seize your chance. Its raspy, old voice echoed in my mind. Its time. I turned my head to see where it was coming from.

"Who are you?" I cry back. Sudden confusion rippled down my spine. The voice was coming from inside of me. But I wasn't saying anything. How could that be?

"MURIEL!!!! What is that lady doing up there? Come down here and eat your food!" Snapping me out of my thoughts my mom scolded all the way from the kitchen. "And don't forget about dropping Artie off too!!"

I rolled my eyes. I hopped off my bed, got dressed, and took off to school with my younger sister Artemis.

"SECRET TUNNEL, SECRET TUNNEL!! THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS, SECRET SECRET SECRET SECRET TUUUNNNEEELLSSS yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I laughed heartily, ruffling Artie's hair. We two were obsessed with the show Avatar the Last Airbender. It was such an inspiring show, and Artie and I were used to spending our Friday nights watching it together. After a few minutes of fangirling over Avatar, we reached Artie's primary school, and I hugged her goodbye. We had a really sweet older-sister to younger-sister relationship, and though she can be a pain at times, she's my best friend.

I watched Artie walk into the school, and then I went off to my middle school. I reached the school grounds, and looked around for my friends, who were waiting in front of the school.

And then I spotted him. Ugh, him with his shaggy hair and his laughter and his talents and his beauty and his face and..... Stop yourself Muriel. Get a grip. He's just another person. You don't deserve him. He's got other girls on his mind, like Cadence. Don't get me wrong, Cadence is my best friend for life and I love her to bits. But I know my Caddie. And though she's never told me this, I know the look she only gives to the guy she likes.

What stabs me in the heart the most is that I'm close to positive that Gabriel likes her back. The way they laugh together at the stupidest things, they tend to linger around each other walking down the hallways, and how Cad always jumps into their groups for projects and Gabriel would gladly accept her like she's one of them. Cadence is a great friend, but I just don't like how she would ditch her besties for a guy any day.

Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I walked towards my friends with a huge smile, and got ready for my day.

********

After lunch, I was about to walk to my locker to get ready for the next class, when I was tapped on the shoulder. It startled me, and I spun around really fast, slapping the guy behind me with my hair.

"OH MI GAWSH I'M SO SORRY I-" I stopped myself when I realized who it was I was talking to.

"Hey Muriel! Sup?"

What should I say, what should I say? I gotta sound cool, or else he won't like me, but I can't sound like I'm trying too hard cause that's a huge turn off. What would the other girls do? Probably giggle and say something hilarious and make him laugh. But I'm not funny. How about a simple, "hey,"? No, that sounds too bland. Its gotta be memorable. But what if I make a fool of myself? No, that's not good at all. So, memorable but also chilled out. I know! A "what's up"! Everyone likes one of those. He was starting to raise his eyebrows, so I gave it a go.

"HEY YO WHAT'S UP MAN??????" I screamed out with something I never thought I had in me.

Gabriel blinked. A little over dramatic? Yeah, I thought so too. Great one Muriel. You've been waiting for the chance to talk to him all year, and when the opportunity is shoved up your face, you ruin it good.

But to my great surprise, he laughs. A big, deep, belly laugh.

"What?? What was that, Muriel? I thought you were the quiet one!" He manages to say between chuckles. I giggle back.

Then Gabriel puts on his serious face. Oh, how cute he looks. Wait, what?

"There's something me and you have to have a conversation about. Have you ever-"

"ATTENTION, ATTENTION. WE ARE NOW GOING INTO LOCKDOWN MODE. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT, WE ARE GOING INTO LOCKDOWN MODE. THIS IS NOT A DRILL."