First... Lessons?

"Gabriel, wait!"

And then he was off.

"Hey, Muriel- what are you looking for?" Cadence walked up to me. She followed my eyes and caught a glimpse of Gabriel. 

"Oh, nothing. I thought i heard someone calling my name." I lied again. I didn't want her to know that there was something going on between me and Gabriel, so she wouldn't feel bad. 

"Hmm. Anyways, I was wondering if I would catch a ride with you to your house? My parents are at work and they can't make it to pick me up."

"Of course, Cad! You know I've always got your back," I smiled. 

"And I've always got yours!" She sung. We giggled. 

We got home, greeted Artie, and crashed out in my bedroom. Cadence took out her phone and blasted One Direction's Drag Me Down, one of our favorite songs. 

We sat down on my bed, and looked around my room. I liked to keep it filled with things I love; One Direction posters, pics of british youtubers like zoella, thatcherjoe, and casper lee, and of course, Avatar the Last Airbender.

"Ugh, Muriel, when will you ever take down those children's posters?" Cadence groaned.

"What? Children's posters?" 

"Yeah, Avatar the Last Fartbender or whatnot."

"EXCUSE ME YOUNG LADY, I WILL NOT TOLERATE THE OFFENCE TOWARDS ANY OF MY FANDOMS UNDER THIS HOUSEHOLD. OR ANY OTHER PLACE FOR THAT MATTER."

"Okay, okay, Mrs. Fartbender," she snickered. I playfully punched her arm. 

"Hey Muriel?"

"Yeah?"

"You know the graduation dance we're having in May?" Cadence asked me.

"Yeah...."

"Are you going to go with someone?" she slowly murmured. 

"What?"

Now, in most schools this wouldn't be a strange question to ask. It probably was one of the most common questions girls ask their friends, even in the 8th grade. But our school was different. Nobody dated yet, and hardly any guys had any girl friends, and vice versa. It was just awkward. None of our friends revealed who they liked, except for one or two. We tried guessing who liked who, but just as a game. We're a really immature, childish bunch, to be honest. 

"Well, I don't know...I'm probably going to just go with you guys. I mean, right? Why?" I awkwardly blustered. 

"I don't know, I was just wondering. Meh," She said. 

Just then, my mom burst in the door, handing us a couple of treats. Artie walked in and stole a few cookies. 

"Oh, and Cadence, I called your mother and she said that she'll be here at 8:30 to pick you up, alright? So girls, I suggest you get some homework done together and maybe have a mini study date?"

We both smiled at my mother and thanked her, but on the inside I was screwed. I had to meet Gabriel at the park at 8! How is this going to work?

"Hey Artemis!! How are ya?" Cadence joyfully asked my sister.

"'M good." She replied with her face full of cookie. Cad and I reached for the treat dish, realizing that it was half empty. 

"Artie!!!!" we scolded. She giggled and shrugged. 

***************************************************************************************************

Gabriel's POV