What is this Madness?

"....No way..." I whispered in shock. The watch Gabriel had was super cool, but it was orange and too masculine for my liking. This one, though, had my name written all over it. (Not literally.) It was green and purple, and looked exactly like the one from Martin Mystery, the old children's t.v show I was talking about earlier. First Avatar, and now this? It's like I was living my dream.

I steadily lifted the watch from the box, and held it an inch from my nose, examining its beauty, before I realized the steam from my nose was smudging it. I put it down, and almost started to cry from the joy. Oh no, fangirl mode was activated. I took my pillow and screamed into it, laughing with joy.

"Murry? Are you o---OMIGOSH!!!!! IS THAT A-"

I looked towards the door of my bedroom and found Artie standing there. Oh no.

"Shhhh!!!" I hushed her up, closing the lid of the white box.

"ITS A U WATCH!!! MURRY CAN I SEE???" Artie screamed, jumping and trying to get the box from my hands.

"No, Artie! Be careful!!"

"I want to see!!!" She jumped onto me, and I fell back onto my bed.

"Stop! You're going to break it!" I shout, holding the box above my head.

"Stop being so stingy!!"

"I'll let you see if you get off of me!!!"

"Let me just hold the box then!!!"

"No!!! Artemis Mackenzie, get off!!"

"GIRLS, WHAT IS GOING ON?" Artie and I froze in the strangest position. Artie was kneeling on my stomach, one hand smushing my face and the other hand trying to grab the box. I was smushed by my sisters ass, and at the same time trying to save my precious box. We turned to see our mother standing at the doorway.

"Nothing," we said simultaneously. Artie thankfully got off my stomach, and I sat upright on my bed.

"Give the box to me, girls." She held out her hand, looking at us disapprovingly.

"NO!!" I shouted. What if she finds out about my firebending?

"Muriel, its only fair. Give the box to me, and once you've both cooled down, you'll get to see it together. What's in this box anyways?" Our mother said, opening the box. My head raced, looking for an excuse.

"Its a new trend at school, the sci-fi watches. Cad bought me one as an early christmas gift. I liked it a lot, so I was worried that Artie might scratch the screen or the wristband or something." I blurted a little too quickly. Artie looked at me, with her eyes scrunched.

"Oh my, that's really sweet of her! How much would this have cost? See how nice Cadence is, Muriel? You really should learn a thing or two from her. You have to get her something just as nice, okay?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I was planning on it anyways," I smiled at my mother, and finally she left us.

"See, Artie? Its nothing special. Just a watch," I assured my little sister.

"Yeah, right. But where's the time? Does it even do anything like it did in Martin Mystery?"

"Uh, I"m sure there's a button somewhere..." I reply, pressing a random button on the watch.

"U Watch Activated, Turbo Bungee Selected," the watch said in a robotic feminine voice.

"TURBO BUNGEE??" I screamed, looking at Artie horrified. She looked at me with the same panicked expression. Unluckily for me, I had turned the watch towards the door. The screen of my watch had opened somehow, and the bungee string bursted out the watch, out the door, and attached to the cieling.....right above our stairs.