The U-Watch

Muriel's POV

The next day was the usual blur. My mom had to drive us both to school again, and the day went pretty normal. Unfortunately for me, Gabriel pretended that nothing went between us, for the better, I guess, but I really had hoped that we would become friends through this. Meh. He just liked to hang around his friends, Nathan, the jock, Nicky, the nerd, Eric, the "chick-magnet" (he called himself that) and David, the math genius. He has an interesting group of friends, who are always the guys to light up the class's mood with jokes and tricks. Though they'd always like a good laugh, they're not the ones to get in trouble.

The ones who do get in trouble, are the Phishers; Jonathan, their team leader, Grace, the queen bee, Kevin, Jonathan's slave, and Martin, the trickster-mastermind. They're the school bullies, and they're the type that try and act super 'goody two shoes' near the teachers. They stuff people's heads down toilets, call people names, follow younger kids home and then throw eggs at their parents cars, and I've heard rumors that they've smoked before. The world's dirtiest children live on our block, and their parents are the proudest parents ever; they never suspect a thing, they let them go out and graffiti walls while they're 'grounded' and don't give a sh!t about grades. Those are the people you want to stay away from. 

Then there's us; my girl friends and I. We're the best of friends there ever could be. There's me, the school smartass, Cadence, the sweet beautiful one, Jacky, the responsible jock, Melissa and Maddison, the singers, and Shareen, our hilarious comedian. Our group is the most multicultural, because all of us believe in anti-racism, and we always support each other. Well, of course there are times where our group split up because of stupid preteen girl fights, but we always go home in the end of the day with our hearts together. 

At school the next day, we were talking about guys again. 

"...and then he asked if I wanted to get Starbucks with him after school, and I was like, umm I have a doctors appointment, but then he was like all sad, and I was like, but I'd like to see you at your soccer tournament, and he was like all happy-" Maddison said.

"But what if he thinks you like him know? EWWWW!" Melissa interrupts.

Maddy sighed. "I know! But I didn't want to hurt his feelings!"

"You should tell him you'd like to stay friends for now. He'll get that," Cadence replies, picking at her cuticle casually. Man, how does Cad know this stuff?

"Hey, you're right! Thanks Cad!" Maddy strangles Cadence with a bear hug. We all giggle.

Just then I scream. My hair is soaking wet and my whole body shivers. We hear hysterical laughter from behind of me, and when I turn around, I see Nathan and Eric sprinting away from us, tripping from laughter, to where Nicky and Gabriel were hiding; behind a bush. 

"OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!" I shout, my friends laughing at my sudden outburst. I sprint towards them, with Jacky, Shareen and Cadence right behind my back. I quickly catch up with Nathan, and lock his hands behind his back like a police officer would. I hold my hand out, and Shareen passes me a necklace. After handcuffing his hands, I turn and see that Cadence and the other girls had also caught Eric, Gabriel and Nicky, and we toss them into the bush, where they sighed in defeat. Just then, Maddison and Melissa tap my shoulder, and they secretly show me what they had collected from the criminals; water balloons. I give them a goofy grin. 

"So, boys, you thought you could shoot down one of our own and get away with it?" Cadence began, giving them a speech. "Naw, never. You can never get away with us. Two of your number left your bases, in an attempt to surprise attack one of us. You were shot down, in defeat. May this remind you that we, females, will never sit down until-" Cadence's voice got louder and louder with passion as she went on, before I grabbed her shoulder.