The Lock Down

Hiya guys! Here's the second part. I'm just kinda making the story up as I go, and I hope you enjoy!

*******************************************************************************

Still in Muriel's POV

We were in shock. Our school, in a lock down? Nothing like that's ever happened in this deadbeat town. Gabriel knocks me out of my thoughts by gently pushing my shoulders towards the nearest classroom. I had just noticed we were the only ones in this hallway. Not good. Luckily, we were right in front of the music room.

"Get in. Stay quiet and don't let anyone enter the room until I come back." Mrs. Dasconte whispered harshly. She was our music teacher, and I believe she was just going to check the washrooms for any kids.

We went inside, shut the door, and turned the lights off. I went to make sure the windows were locked, and then I followed Gabriel into the corner away from all the windows and the door.

Well, that was certainly awkward. We didn't have anything to say to each other, so we simply sat next to each other looking in opposite directions. My mind was having a little internal debate on whether or not I should say something to him. Attempting to break the silence a little bit, I thought I'd try.

"So, what was that you wanted to tell me?"

Gabriel sighed and opened his mouth as if he was going to answer, but just then, Mrs. Dasconte returned. Her face looked slightly crimson and she was sweating. We observed her as she locked the door and shakily made her way to our corner. As Mrs. Dasconte crouched down, Gabriel asked her if anything had happened. Such a caring and gentle young man.

Mrs. Dasconte shook her head, but we knew something was up. Silence again. We waited for what seemed like half an hour. My legs were starting to feel pins and needles, and I wondered how I was going to walk afterwards. A few times I thought I heard bangs of violence in other parts of the school, totally shaking me up, but they were way too quiet and flat to be gunshots.

Having to wait this long was starting to freak me out. Are my friends okay? Is Cadence okay? What's going on? Did anyone get hurt? Who's out there? I looked over at Gabriel. He seemed to be in deep thought, and looked like he was muttering words to himself. He looked up and saw me looking at him, and gave me the "sup" nod. Mrs. Dasconte just fiddled with her wristwatch, and looked slightly worried. Time to time I catch Mrs. Dasconte looking at Gabriel with worry, but Gabriel simply ignored her.

Being this close, this squished up to Gabriel let me really get a close look at his features. He had black, shiny hair that shags down, and looks really soft. If I could just raise my hand and stroke it..... wait what?? Anyways, his skin wasn't perfect, it had a few spots here and there, but looking at his face this close makes him look more real, more like a human being, more like someone I could, like. He had on his gym shorts, that make him look really athletic, and it works cause he is. He was no Zayn Malik, but he was perfect to me.

**************************************************************************

Gabriel's POV

This can't be happening. Could it be him? No, that's impossible. He can't be here... or can he? Okay, I gotta prepare myself for the worst.

I was just going through the simple stances my master taught me, when I looked to my right and Muriel was watching me, closely. I nodded at her, and we looked away. Muriel is an interesting person. She extremely smart; top in language, science, geography, and almost math, and she's pretty musical too. She's not exactly gorgeous, but she's not ugly either. Her hair is perfectly fine, though I can tell she's really insecure about it cause she never lets it down and she wears the same hairstyle everyday. Her glasses are really crooked, which she doesn't care about, but looks kinda foolish. And her laugh sounds like that of a hyena's mating call.