Rescue

Penelope's P.O.V

"Penelope are you coming? We'll never make it if you don't hurry." I look back at my friend Sonya,
"Yeah yeah, I'm coming." Were young, 10 maybe 11.
I walk over to her, excitement brews inside me as we sneak out into the hall. I know WICKED watches us, but we don't care. But that fear is also founded from the fact that they've never stopped us before and are unlikely to do so now.  But as for what we're doing.
Every so often me and Sonya go out of our barracks and go to a balconied area to watch the sunrise. Me and her sneak through the halls of WICKED and within a few minutes we reach our destination.
She carefully opens the (usually) locked window and climbs up, helping me up behind her.
When we come out onto the landing the cold air stings my skin. But it's made up when I see the truly beautiful sight. The sun reflects off of the snow, and a mix of orange and yellow colors paint the morning sky. Sonya puts her arm around my shoulder and we beam at each other.

The picture of the blond girl I called my friend, is still burned into my vision when I wake up. I see the stains of water on the sheets as my eyes frantically scan the small room. I sigh and remember that it was just a dream. I also remember that there's someone asleep next to me.
I feel Newts breath on my ear, it's warm but it doesn't sound like he's asleep.
"Are you awake?" I say quietly, sleep still lacing my voice
"Yes, did you have another dream?"
"Yes" I whisper now,
We both shift to where I'm laying on my side facing him, and his arms are around me.
"We'll save them. We have to" though his voice is soft and comforting, I sense worry. I want to say something to make him feel better, but "I know" is all I can get out. Newt kisses my forehead and says
"But before we do so, I would like more sleep." I give a small smile, and close my eyes, hoping a dreamless sleep finds me as well.
——————————
When I open my eyes next, sunlight shines through the mere white sheet that has been put up. Despite the sun, I feel colder then ever. And it may be the fear of not being able to save my friends, or it could be the temperature outside. I decide that it's the latter and get out of my poorly constructed bed, and grab a jacket. I see that Newt is already up and gone. I check the time and decide that I should get going as well, the mission begins soon and I need to be there.

I put on a grey tank top and some jeans, I grab my brown leather, fur lined coat and put it on. I grab my brown combat boots and put my knife holster on, slipping my hunting knife inside. I quickly run a brush through my hair, before walking outside of the building and into the cold but sunny daytime.
I cross the base waving to a few people whom I've befriended. And I'm the way there I snatch up some bread and cram it in my mouth. Still chewing when I approach the group inside the map room.
"Ah, I see you finally made it." Jorge says as I enter. All eyes turn to me and I give a sarcastic two finger salute. I swallow my food and say
"What's the plan?"
——————————
I sit in the car with Jorge and Brenda, as we wait for the train. And as we do so, o decide to analyze the people in the car with me.
I like Jorge, I hated him when we first met but he's smart and to be honest a little crazy, but I like him.
He checks his watch "They're  late."
Brenda glances at Jorge and checks her watch. I like Brenda. She trained me how to shoot. And she did a damn good job. She's also someone whom I've befriended and I think highly of her, she's smart and-my mind is suddenly paused when our signal sounds.
All heads look out the window, and the horn sounds once again. The train is coming. It's go time.
Brenda and I cock our guns, and Jorge starts the car. He drives down the grass like a maniac, but he gets us where we need to be, so I'm not complaining.
We ride adjacent to the train, it's fast, but Bertha can keep up, especially with the modifications Jorge made.
The car rumbles along the road and soon catches up to the front of the train.
Brenda gets up through the foxhole in the roof, and shoots at the drivers. She fired two shots before ducking back down. I stand and take the next two, but Brenda yanks me back in my seat when the radio crackles.
Thomas' voice comes on.
"We're coming up behind, keep 'em busy!"
We plan too I think. Unfortunately my thoughts are cut off when the guards on the passing train begin shooting at us. I see that Brenda is occupying the radio, so I climb onto my knees and perch my gun out of the car window.
I aim for the guards and begin to shoot, taking them down one by one. I quickly finish and sit back down.
"Nice shooting kid" Jorge says.
"Thanks" i say with a smilingly proud smile.
I then look out the rear view mirror and see Thomas and Vince's car flipped over, I grip my gun with fear. Desperately hoping that they made it on the train.

"Hey Brenda. You got compony!" Thomas yells through the radio and over din of the train. I breathe a sigh of relief that he's still alive. But I also glance behind me as Brenda does, and we see the same thing. A giant Berg hangs in the sky. And it's following us.
Before anyone speaks, it starts shooting.
"Go! go! go!" Brenda yells
The Berg-no doubt from WICKED-keeps shooting and it's a rough and complicated drive to avoid fire. I'm thrown around a lot and my breakfast bread threatens to come up.
Bertha avoids the Berg, but Brenda soon radios
"Thomas, your on your own, don't die!"
He quickly radios back "Good luck."

Jorge drives the car with insanity as the Berg continues to follow us. He speeds across the desert, but I mistakenly keep my eyes on the massive ship instead of where Jorge's driving. And I look out the windshield car to late. He's headed straight for a dead end.
"We got 'em, we got em" Jorge tries to convince himself. The car drives straight into a corner and come to a swerving stop. The car and the Berg are face to face. They move first.

"Step out of the vehicle with your hands up." Someone in the opposing vehicle says. Brenda and Jorge exchange a glance, and it clicks in my brain. I know what we're about to do.
Me and the two others step out, with our hands up. Soldiers come out of the now landed ship and advance on us.
"Stop right there. Don't move" We slowly walk backwards.
"I said freeze assholes!" One of them yells
"Rude" I whisper. Jorge on the other hand says "Whatever you say hermano."
I glance over and see Brenda smiling. I smile as well and she clicks the button. The trap door we set up below the guards opens and the majority fall in. Jorge and I pull out our guns, and within seconds, Frypan and other members of the Base come out of there hiding places. Guns aimed on the soldiers.
"Hi Fry" I say
"Good to see you guys. Go on back up." He says and the soldier obeys. I assume Harriet did her job of holding the pilot at gunpoint, because there was no further attack. My friends and I then begin to execute the rest of our plan.
"Alright guys, she's up and running." Harriet's voice comes out of the airship. I smile at our accomplishment, and at the fact that we're all still alive.
One by one me and the others leave and run onto the Berg, one person stays behind with their gun aimed at the guard until they're laying on the ground. Then the last person runs on and the loading door closes.
Jorge takes the pilot seat.
"Everyone strap in."
All members of the team take seats and buckle up. I feel the lurch of the ship as we take off, and I silently pray that Thomas and the others had the same luck we did.

The Berg isn't in the air for a long time as the train wasn't that far off. But according to my anxiousness, it takes to long. Finally though, I hear Jorge yell, "I see them! We're going down."
I smile and peek out the small window. I see a large piece of cargo, with two small things standing on it. It's Thomas and Newt!
"P and B. Unlock the hatch, they're ready for connecting."
Brenda and I unbuckle and go to the two control panels near the back of the ship. We each pull down on a leaver and open the tow hatch. A large hook and cord is connected and we lower it down to the boys.
Newt and Thomas attach it to the car and Frypan Yells "We're clear."
"Ok, we're going up." Jorge calls back. Me and Brenda buckle up. The Berg lifts off, hoisting up the box car which 5 of our friends ride on. Only a few soldiers are left futilely shooting at us, but we get out of there reach, quick enough not to sustain any damage. And once we do everyone cheers. We did it.
"We're going home!"
——————
Hello, I hope you enjoyed.
Good Day :)