Claire and a Cure?

Penelope's P.O.V

The soldiers drag me along the corridors and all I really retain is that I might never see my friends again and it saddens me beyond the feeling of hope.

The guards pass by a laboratory, every single person has left the building, except one, Teresa. She sits inside the lab. One of the guards trips slightly, receiving a laugh from his partner, but it causes Teresa to look up from her microscope. Shock and fear settle in her eyes.

Teresa runs to the doorway and opens it.
"Stop! Let her go."
"No. She attacked us, along with three other boys who got away." the soldier says,

"Yeah, but did you even think that maybe those boys took her as a hostage? She works alongside me, let her go." The guards exchange looks and nod, I'm released and slowly stand moving behind Teresa as she finishes her argument.

"If you don't mind leaving us, we have important work to attend to." Teresa turns around and gently drags me into the lab.

The door closes with a hiss and the soldiers who once dragged me disperse. I'm about to thank Teresa for saving me but she begins to rush around frantically. He calm demeanor dissolving.

"What are you still doing here!"
"I tried to get out but got caught. By the way... thanks for helping me."

"Your welcome, but you need to get out and I need you to find Thomas and get him back here."

"What? Why?"

"His blood is...it's the cure. It doesn't slow down the virus, it kills it. I need more of it, but he's somewhere inside of the city and-"

Teresa is cut off by a loud noise outside of the building. We rush to the windows and are stunned by the sight. A massive explosion has occurred and it's destroyed part of the wall, the outsiders flood in.

"There going to destroy the city" Teresa says quietly.
She turns back around and begins to put something together.
"Teresa are you saying that it's possible to cure Newt with Thomas' blood?" I say my voice almost cracking from disbelief.

"You can yes, but we have to find him and get him back here."
Teresa shoves a few vile's and a syringe inside a small bag and thrusts it at me.

"Inside this bag is the small amount of the enzyme I could make using Thomas and a few others blood. All you have to do is get it inside the syringe and give it to Newt. He's declining fast, but this should give him enough time for me to get enough of Thomas' blood and be able to cure him. But you have to get him here!"

"Ok, What's the fastest way out without getting caught?"

"Take the elevator down to the parking garage." Teresa reaches underneath one of the desks
"Take this." She hands me a small shotgun.

"Steal on of the cars and find Thomas and Newt as fast as you can. I'll try to reach him over the loudspeaker."

I nod and head to the door. Before I exit I look at the girl,
"Thank you, again" she gives a quick smile.
"Your welcome, now go!"
Outside of the lab guards fill the hallways but are all preoccupied with the other disasters to notice me.
I quickly locate the elevator and hit the parking garage button. The ride feels like forever and I tap my foot with impatience. What feels like another eternity goes by and the elevator chimes. I run out to The parking garage, its almost barren, no soldiers are left and most of the cars are gone. I do a fast speedy search and my eyes find a black SUV. I jog towards the dark car, but as I go, a new sound hits my ears. A whimpering sound.
I listen around hoping to find the source. I follow it and as I listen closer I hear it's someone sobbing. The crying is coming from a young girl, she has brown hair that's in a low ponytail, a small mousy face that's dotted with freckles. "What are you doing here?"
In the moment I sound just like all the people I just ran into.
The girl gasps, clearly startled by the sight of me.
"A-are you gonna hurt me?"
"No, no of course not." I notice she's wearing the blue WICKED clothes, she's one of the Immune.
"What's your name?"
"Claire."
"Ok, Claire. If you want to escape I need you to come with me. I promise you, you will be safe, but we have to get out of here, ok?"
The young girl takes a moment to think, but quickly nods.
"Ok, come on." I hold out my hand and she takes it. We finish the jog to the car, I unlock the doors and help her in the backseat. I get in the drivers side and hot wire the car. (Vince once did a class on this back at the Right Arm base). I drive quickly through the garage and out onto the streets, Claire holds on for dear life.
I use my walkie talkie.
"Thomas! Where are you and Newt. I have the serum I need to get to you!"
He radios back,
"Your alive!...We're in the west part of the city a few miles from where the explosion hit. How do you have-"