Epilogue

Penelope's P.O.V

The moon is a beautiful thing. Something I remember fondly, is looking up at it with Newt beside me, the night we first met. We had been chased by Cranks and we were the only ones awake.
I look at it now and the happiness of the memory fills my heart.
I lie back agains the post of my hut, preparing to go inside and get some sleep, but something compels me not to.
I see a few people running out through the night, towards the med hut. I notice all of them are my friends. Minho runs up to my porch.
"He's awake"
The words hit me and I leap over the fence and run faster the ever before. I pass all the others who are running to see Newt. Thomas, Brenda, Jorge, Minho. I bound inside the wood house and stop. Kind of trapping my friends outside.
Newt sits there, on his bed, eyes open. Awake.
Before I even know what's happening I'm hugging him, and crying.
Newt who has literally, just woken up, is startled at first but hugs me back.
My tears of happiness soon become ugly crying. Snot and tears begin to pour out as I clutch onto him.
"I-I thought we'd lost you!" I choke out. I can hear Newt weakly chuckle. He pulls back from the hug and wipes my tears. He brushes back some of the hair that was stuck to my face, and I smile at him.
"Heh, sorry about that, I was..."
Newt smiles.
"It's ok"
I didn't realize that I had closed the door to the hut when I burst in. But all my friends soon bust the door open and crowd in. I move and sit next to Newt, but I don't relinquish his hand.
Thomas and Minho are as happy to see Newt as I am, they are even a bit tearful, which makes me chuckle with mirth.

I don't know how much time passes but the three of us are the ones who stay the longest. We talk Newts ear off, gushing over the fact that he's alive and we're actually talking to him.
But unfortunately our time is cut short when Bailey and James cut us off.
"Alright you three. Get outta here, we let you stay far past the visiting hours, and this one needs rest." I scoff. "What visiting hours?"
Bailey rolls her eyes. "Look, it's been a long day and I want to go to sleep. Now please get out."
Thomas and Minho don't object as they are equally as tired. I am about to follow them as they walk out, but I stay to say Goodnight.
I hug Newt one more time and say "Goodnight. I'll come see you tomorrow."
"Goodnight love." He replies.
I smile but it falters. I look down for a moment and finally ask the question that has been subconsciously eating away at me.
"Was it painful?" A puzzled look comes over Newts face.
"And I don't mean waking up now. I mean...would you have wanted me to let you die? Would it have been less painful then this?"
More tears come as I speak. I see Newts look, and feel slightly stupid.
"Penelope, I know I said I'm not afraid to die, and I know- I know what I said. And yes, going full Crank, then not. Was painful. But Penelope, you saved me from a much worse fate."
I look at him and we embrace once more.
"I love you."
"I love you too." I release Newt to let him sleep. I exit the Med hut, a feeling of elation filling me. I look up at the moon once more, and walk home.
———————————————————————————
15 years later....
Third Person P.O.V

The cool air blew inside the warm hut. Cornelia's blue eyes flashed open. The young girl let out a yawn and sat up in her hammock. Her feet softly touched the wooden ground, and she stood, stretching her long limbs.
She silently put on her jacket and snuck passed her sleeping parents, and hopped outside.
As Cornelia stepped out she smiled, greeting the new morning.
The blond haired girl walked away from her hut and down to the beach where the sun was just now rising.
Before she made any movements, something caught her eye. There was someone else on the beach. A tall woman with long blond hair, that blew slightly in the breeze. She was standing in front of the memorial rock.
Cornelia walks over to her,
"Mom? I didn't think you'd be awake."
The woman turns and smiles at her daughter.
"I'm normally not, but.." she looks back at the massive stone.
"You were thinking about Virginia again?"
"All of them. I miss them. So much." Cornelia takes her mothers hand. They look at it a little longer and the mother sheds a tear. Cornelia is used to this, she knows how difficult, both her parents pasts were, and she's perfectly fine to comfort them when they cry. The moment between the mother and daughter is interrupted by someone yelling.
"Hey Cornelia!"
She turned around and a tall girl with olive skin and light brown hair walks up behind.
"Good morning Brinley." Cornelia says joyfully and hugs her best friend.
Following the 8 year old is Brinley's mother Brenda. She smiles and waves. Within moments of there greeting Cornelia and Brinley run off to the shoreline and begin collecting shells.

"Penelope, your up early" states Brenda

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep. How's Gally, I heard he was injured?"

Brenda rolls her eyes
"That dumbass accidentally stabbed his leg when he was cooking" Penelope laughs a little,
"But he'll be fine."
Brenda's eyes follow the two girls.

"I'm going to head to the Garden." Penelope says, slowly walking away from Brenda,

"See you later."

Penelope walks to the green fields and people begin to file out of there huts and start there day. She walks by a hut that has loud childish screams coming from inside. Within moments the door busts open and Minho-along with 3 children-falls out. A beautiful woman follows them saying something incoherent over the children's noise. Minho himself looks exhausted, but happy.

Penelope makes it to the Garden and begins to tend to the different plants. She is about to settle in to the world of plants, but a small noise makes her look up. Two girls one with brown hair the other blonde, their faces almost identical.
"Hi Clara, Hi Mia." The blond one, Clara, waved a little but the sisters turn around and walk away.

"Sonya and Aris' kids get creepier every day."

Penelope gasps and stands up, swiftly turning to face the person and pointing garden pliers at them. When she sees who they are all alert melts and a smile creeps onto her face.

"Newt, I told you not to do that."
She says dropping the pliers. He holds his hands up in defense.
"I didn't mean to, I thought you knew I was there." He smiles as well,
"Sonya and Aris' daughters aren't creepy, their just...shy."
Newt wraps his wife in his arms
"Like you?"
He says brushing a stand of hair back.
"Like me." Penelope says leaning into him. The couple kiss and Penelope runs her fingers through Newts hair before resting it on his neck.
They eventually break off the loving kiss and look down at the shoreline watching there daughter with what can only be described as utter joy and wonder on their faces.
———
Days in the Safe haven are long and wonderful, full of laughing children and happy people. At night there are bonfires, sometimes Penelope plays her guitar, but every child gathers around Minho.
He stands In front of a circle of children, including his own. The man goes on about the great hero's who defeated the evil WICKED...

Penelope stands alongside her husband and friends, watching the faces of the children being told stories and the glow of the crackling fire. Around her everyone happily chats, and she lets out a content sigh along with a real smile. This was the life, the life everyone hoped to live and she was so lucky to be able to have it.
—————-
Hello! I hope you enjoyed, I have officially completed all 3 books!

—————-Hello! I hope you enjoyed, I have officially completed all 3 books!

I made the Family's outfits because I was board
Good day :)