The Halls of WICKED

Penelope's P.O.V

My friends and I all take the sewage passage to get into the city, and along the way I think Brenda complains the most about the smell.
The trek seemed shorter then last time though, probably because I don't necessarily want to arrive at the destination. The large door to the subway opens again and everyone breaks off into their groups to begin the plan.
I am to take a different route to the WICKED compound then the one the boys and Teresa are taking. That way no one suspects correlation.

The streets are full of cops, they line every corner. I feel slightly more afraid, but shake it off and focus on the goal. I take step after step, and soon reach the towering building.
Before I enter the front doors, I notice Teresa being hauled inside by Thomas, he has on the full uniform and mask.
I wait around the corner until he's fully inside, then I walk though the front doors without any hesitation. No one stops me, but I wince slightly as I walk through the sensors, but they light up green. I breathe a small sigh of relief.

Teresa gave me the basic layout for the compound, along with a scanner card so I can get in most anywhere, but the elevator is my top priority, I soon catch up to Teresa, Thomas, and Newt who is now with them. I can tell who's who by the uniform colors.
I give them a side glance as I walk past, and into the blue illuminated elevator.
I scan the card and press the button
C82, The Chemistry lab where they develop the serum.
My job is to take it from WICKED and get enough to hold off Newt from going full Crank.
*Ding*
The doors open, revealing a white hallway that is bustling with scientists and nurses of all types. I try to look as innocent as I can while I swiftly walk through the hall. I'm within reach of the door, but someone taps me on the shoulder.
"Dr. Nicholas, I thought you...died? What the hell are you doin here!"
I turn to the man who stopped my mission. He's a tall, thin and looks tired with age.

"I'm new, a different Nicholas, they just repurposed the coat."
He looks at me skeptically but shrugs and continues walking.
I let out a relieved sigh and I return to face the glass chemistry lab door, and swipe the card. It works lighting up the pad with the color green.
The door opens in a cloud of steam, and I walk through to begin my search.
Only moments in I hear the crackle of my walkie talkie and have to duck behind a wall to quiet it. Thomas asks everyone's status one by one,
"Penelope, how's the serum going?"
"I've made it into the lab and I'm looking, but nothing yet. I'll keep you posted."

"Ok, good luck."

I shut off the communication and walk back around carefully observing everything, looking for the serum.
There's almost no one in here but about four people. All of whom have yet to notice my presence. One of them speaks, a girl with faded purple hair that's revealing brown roots. I feel a strong sense of deja vu as I watch her.
"Ella, Bill, you can go now, I'll finish this stuff up."
The two other techs look at her,
"Um, are you sure?" The girl-Ella-asks.
"Yes. Go" her tone is stern. The two others sense this and walk out of the room with a fast pace.
I am left with two people, one who has her back turned, and the purple haired one, she wears glasses and finally looks up to see me. Instead of telling me to get out or checking my credentials she freezes and looks dazed.
"P-Penelope?"
"Ummm....no?" I say just above a whisper.
The woman puts down her tools and slowly walks over to me, as if I was a small deer and any sudden movements would make me run away.
"It's actually you," she whispers, the woman puts one hand to my cheek, and I see tears glitter in her eyes.
My hand hovers over my gun, but the woman catches herself.

"Of course...they took your memories of me"
The tears fall and the woman who had her backed turned faces us. She has short blonde hair that's light pink on the tips. She's tall and thin and wears glasses as well.
"Evita...it really is her." The blond says.
Evita turns away from me
"It is..."
She had moved slow at first, careful with her steps, but as if something had just stung her, Evita whips back around looking at me with panicked eyes.