chapter six

Y/n Pov:

Remus and I were sitting in front of the fireplace. He was laying on the couch with his arms crossed and I was sitting on the floor with my back against it.

"Well, I couldn't get Lily to talk about James," I say looking up at him.

"I don't think we're any closer than we were before," I continued and looked away.

"Not really, no," Remus says and sighs. "Maybe we just need to get Lily and James to spend more time with each other without peer pressure," He says.

"Right, so they get to know each other as people, and not just James following her around and flirting," I say with a small chuckle.

Remus smiles and nods.

"How are we gonna do that?" He asks with his eyebrows raised. "I don't know, but I'm not gonna stop until I figure it out," I say.

I stood up and dust my nightgown off. "I should head back before they wonder where I am," I said while heading towards the stairs.

Remus clears his throat. "Uh yeah I should too," He says and stands up.

Third pov:

As Y/n walks up the steps Remus couldn't help but stare and smile. He was falling for the new girl.

*time skip to breakfast*

It was now breakfast and everyone was sitting at their house tables.

Lily, Y/n, Mary, Molly, and Alice were all sitting together laughing and conversing about last night.

"So how was it," Mary says, raising her eyebrows curious about what the girls did last night.

"Oh it was wonderful, I met a boy named Arthur," Molly says blushing.

"I too met a cute boy," Lily says while smiling. "Wait hold on what happened to James," Mary says confused.

"I met a more charming boy whose name is Remus," Lily says, shrugging, acting like it's no big deal.

"Remus," Mary shouts, which causes everyone to look at them.

"Look away," Alice says to the people around them. "Remus," Mary whispers. Y/n looks at her and nods.

"How did that even happen," Mary says looking around at her friends. "Well, I'm singing right and I happen to slip off the stage and he came and caught me," Lily says with a huge smile on her face.

"Isn't that romantic," Alice says in awe. Y/n was zoning out and not paying attention to their conversation.

*Meanwhile with the marauders*

"Did you hear the girls shout your name," Peter says, nudging Remus's arm. Moony just nods and takes a bite out of his bread.

"I wonder why my charm didn't work," Sirius says with a huff and shakes his head.

"I mean it works all the time but not on her," He continues. "Yea cause she likes me instead," James states and ruffles Sirius's hair.