01 : The Proposal

-Chelsea-

My annoying ringtone echos through my ears and I wake up unwillingly, as I do almost everyday. I really do want to change it, but paying $3.99 for a better one just seems like I'm being robbed. Rolling to my side, I grab my phone to see that of course, it's my manager Tracy. I let the call go to voicemail and see she's called me ten times in the last 15 minutes, whoops.

What could she possible want on my day off? I really should call her back, but do I really want to deal with her nagging this early in the morning? The answers no, I would much rather grab myself some breakfast and chill so that's exactly what I will be doing.

It takes all my strength to roll out of bed and get on my fluffy white slippers. I throw on my robe and stroll to the kitchen.I take slow strides to my kitchen cabinet, then spend 5 minutes just starring at the contents in it, debating whether I should actually cook something or just have some processed junk. Finally behind a jar of jelly I see my favorite cereal, Lucky Charms, so process junk it is! I quickly grab it almost knocking over a pickle jar. Shaking the box, I'm both ecstatic and surprised that I haven't already eaten it all.

My phone starts to ring again and it's of course it's Tracy again. I sigh, here we go.

"Hello?" I answer a bit reluctantly.

"Chelsea, what the hell? I've been trying to reach you all morning!" She yells through the phone.

"Oh um, my phone was uh..dead" I nervously lie, hoping she wouldn't notice.

"Okay whatever, but hurry up and get ready you have that radio interview with Ryan Seacrest today."

"Wait what that's today?! I thought I had the day off."

"Yes today! I reminded you but of course you never listen to me! You still have to do some more promotion for this new album. I'll have a car pick you up at 11 and bring you to the station, so hurry up. God I wish you would clean the wax out of your ears so you can actually hear what I have to say." she says, annoyance clear in her voice.

Before I can come up with a snarky reply back she hangs up. Tracy and I are honestly really close but when she gets into manger mode she turns into a whole other person. 

"Well so much for a lazy day."
-

As soon as the car drops me off at the radio station, there's already an assistant rushing me into the building. She leads me to the elevator where she tells me the usual things I can and can't say on air. It's nothing I haven't heard before, so I just tune her out and listen to the calming elevator music. As we hit the floor where the radio show is, Tracy is already on her way over to me. Let the fun begin!

"Chelsea! Oh finally you're here." Tracy exclaims nearly out of breathe.

"Okay here's what to expect during this interview, Ryan will talk a bit about your new album, I believe he's going to ask some fan questions. Oh, if he asks you any  personal questions keep it simple. Give a straight answer and move on. I'll be right in the other room watching you through the window, so if you get stuck or get uncomfortable I'm right there. Got it?" She asks sternly

I roll my eyes, "Yes Tracy, I got it. You tell me the same thing at every interview I think I would've learned by now."

"No need for the sass missy, none of that sass during the interview."

"Missy? Really Tracy?" I laugh.

"Oh shut up , now go they're going on air in three minutes." She chuckles pushing me into a room.

-

"Hello Everybody! You're listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest!" Ryan practically yells. "Today our guest celebrity is the one and only Chelsea Jeffers! You may remember her from American Idol, she was the runner up two years ago. I'm so glad you're here with me today and I'm so proud of how far you've come as a musician."