02: The Aftermath

-Chelsea-

After the interview, Tracy told me how my joke on asking Calum to marry me wasn't funny, but mostly immature. She said once the tabloids hear about it our faces are going to be plastered everywhere. I guess not all publicity is good publicity. But hey I'm still getting the hang of being a "celebrity".

When she finished lecturing me about the whole debacle, I decided to just go home and relax for the rest of the day like I had planned before. So I was currently watching a rerun of Friends and eating cookie dough ice cream when my door bell rang interrupting the relaxing state I was in. I take my time to get to the door and when I finally open it my best friend bombards into my house.

"Well took you long enough Chels!" Briana yells heading into the living room.

"Well hello to you too Bri, please do come in. What a lovely surprise." I say sarcastically, locking the front door once again.

"Why do you sound surprised, I practically live here." She says as I sit back on the couch.

"Yeah I know,I know. So what'd you do today?"

"Nothing interesting to tell. Whatever you did today would probably be ten times better Ms. Celebrity." She says snatching my tub of ice cream.

Briana was actually one of my only non famous friends. She's actually the one who convinced me to audition for American Idol. I thought there would be no way I'd make it past the first audition but her support really helped me all the way to the end. It isn't easy having friends in this industry when there are people who only want to be with you for the fame. But Sarah, I could trust her with my life.

"Well I had a radio interview with Ryan Seacrest." I start.

"Oh god that man is gorgeous!" She gushed, pressing her hand to her heart in a rather dramatic way.

"I guess he is." I chuckle, "It was a pretty decent interview till he started asking me my favorite band." I say, taking another spoon full of ice cream.

"You of course said Fall Out Boy. Oh how I would love to be their groupie!" She gushes, snatching the ice cream tub back.

"Briana I wish I did honestly. I said 5 Seconds of Summer and that's when all hell broke loose."

"Oh I've actually heard of them, 5 es o es they have that song about the underpants. It's so catchy!"

"Bri I just cringed at that entire sentence,  I'm contemplating our friendship right now."

Briana only rolls her eyes, "Oh just tell me what happened."

"Alright so after I answered, Ryan kept pushing and pushing to tell him my favorite member. So finally I just said Calum and -"

"Oh the Asian one right"she cuts me off.

"Brin he's Kiwi and stop cutting me off. Let me finish."

"Kiwi?"she's says. I give her look and she does the motion of zipping her lips.

"Thank you, okay so after  Ryan pretty much forces me leave them or mostly Calum a message since they'll be on the show tomorrow. To make a joke out of the whole situation I ask Calum to marry me."

"You did not! Oh god now I'm contemplating my friendship with you! That's so embarrassing." She shakes her head.

"I thought it'd be funny! I'm tired on interviewers feeling the need to know who I'm dating or who I like. It's so exhausting! I just want my life to stay mine. And Tracy already gave me a whole lecture I don't need one from you too." I say defeated.

"Hey hey I totally get it." She coos, bringing me in for a well needed hug. "Well actually I don't really get it 'cause I'm not a big celeb like you." She chuckles. "But it must feel awful having your privacy invaded like that."

"Than you for that, this is why you're my best friend. Now can we please change the subject because every time I think about the whole thing I get more and more embarrassed and all I want to do is forget it ever happened." I plead.

"You got it sis. I'm gonna go pop some popcorn and we're gonna have ourselves a binge fest!"

"I love the sound of that." I say realized that I can finally put what happed today behind.

-

Sarah and I had just finished watching the Vow which we were currently in tears over.

"Screw the Fault in Our Stars, this was literally so sad and so cute!" She gushes.

"I still like the Fault in Our stars though." I say flipping through the channels.

"Of course you would " she rolls her eyes. "Put on E news it should be starting like now." She says looking at the time.

"Tonight on E!, Are Taylor Swift and her secret boo already over? Do we see a new break up song in our future? Also are Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston secretly texting? And later tonight find out which celebrity gave a marriage proposal over a radio show." The announcer says.

I look at the screen with wide eyes. "What are the odds that another celebrity asked someone to marry them over a radio show?" I ask Brianna.

"Slim to none." She answers, her mouth hitting the floor.

"Tracy is going to kill me. This is exactly the kind of publicity she didn't want."

"Hey hey stop thinking negatively. Let's wait till we see the segment. Maybe this could bring more attention to your album." She says pulling me in for a hug. I only nod in response and hope for the best.

-

We had been watching E! news for what felt like a life time before they started talking about me.

"Alright now earlier today singer, songwriter Chelsea Jeffers was on On Air with Ryan Seacrest and when asked her favorite member of the Aussie band 5 Seconds of Summer she replied with Calum Hood. She then later asked Hood to marry her! It was of course all fun and games but do we smell a new power couple in the works. An insider close to Chelsea says that she's had a crush on Hood for a while and wanted to finally make it known to the world. Head over to out Twitter and vote on their ship  name, do u prefer Chalum or Calsea? Let us know right now!"

When the segment on me finishes, Sarah turns off the tv and we seat in silence for a couple seconds.

"If it makes you feel and better I wasn't the insider." Sarah says trying to lighten the mood.

"Well that whole segment was a load of crap." I sigh.

"Thanks so much Ryan Seacrest" I roll my eyes.