4.

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

"What's going on?" Camilla asked grabbing Anita's arm.

"Maria was found dancing with a gringo." She whispered, "Bernardo's losing it."

Camilla's heart dropped, and she found Riff's eyes. He definitely had to understand now.

The cops started to push Bernardo away from Tony, chaos started in the gym.

"No disrespect, I just wanted to dance with her." Tony told Bernardo.

"She don't want to dance with you American." Bernardo said angrily.

"Bernardo, suficiente dejalo ir." (Bernardo enough let it go.) Camilla begged her cousin.

Anita tried calming him down as he used harsh language against Tony.

"What did you get yourself into?" Grazie asked Riff, the boy looking at her confused.

"What?" He asked.

"What you think I didn't notice my date not here, and Braulio sitting on the bleachers with a missin' girl?" She retorted, "It ain't smart what you're doing Riff. I mean looks what happening now."

Riff looked at the scene in front of him. All cause Tony danced with Maria. He saw Bernardo heading back towards Tony angrily.

He let out a sigh, going in to stop Bernardo from getting near Tony.

"Let's say, let's say we visit the head, and we'll pow-wow friendly like." Riff suggested to Bernardo, "You, me and my troublemaking buddy here?"

They had a stare off before Bernardo agreed. And without the cops catching whiff, two groups left, one by one.

Riff grabbed his overcoat, looking around. He saw her listening to what Anita was telling her. Camilla ms face dropped hearing what Bernardo was going to do.

She then scanned the area, meeting riffs eyes. She shook her head with a scoff, going to grab her coat and leave.

Riff bit the inside of his cheek, regretting his choices. He thought of how the meet up with the sharks could go. Then an idea popped into his head.

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Camilla washed her face, wiping it gently with the towel before going into her room.

As soon as she closed her door, a knock came from her window.

She jumped and looked, seeing Riff waiting.

Her face turned angry, and she made her way over.

"Go home." She told him through the glass.

Riff talked, but he spoke lowly trying not to draw attention making it hard for Camilla to hear him.

She groaned and opened her window, "Riff go home."

"Just let me explain-," He said coming in.

She pushed back, "No. I don't want to hear it."

"Please Cam-,"

"You say these things. At dance. That you would want to be with me only for you to challenge Bernardo to a fight?" She hissed, "Get out."

"I did it for you!" Riff whispered yelled.

She scrunched her eyebrows confused, but before they could say anything else another voice rang out.

"Camilla!"

Her eyes widened as she heard Bernardo's footsteps coming towards her room. She immediately grabbed riff by his shirt, opening her closet and shoving him in.

"Ow!" He whispered, her not even giving a second thought before closing the door right as Bernardo walked in.

She reassessed, looking at Bernard with a smile, "Si?" She questioned.

"Anita said she couldn't find you at the dance." Bernardo said, "Where did you go off too?"

Camilla glanced at the door, "I was with Braulio." She lied.

"Braulio was off with Carmen after he couldn't find you." Bernardo looked at her confused. Her face dropped, gulping slightly.

"You weren't with a gringo were you?" He asked in concern.

"No! Why would you think that?" She quickly denied, her heart pounding.

"Well, I'm not sure- just the entire thing with Maria is probably getting to my head." Bernardo shook his head, "Sorry. I know you would never be with a Jet. I know you're smarter than that."

He walked past her, kissing her head. He then closed her window that was open.

"Go to bed." He told her. "Dolces suenos prima." (Sweet dreams cousin.)

He then left, closing her door. She waited till she heard her cousins footsteps disappear before she ran to her closet.

She opened it, "Geez, couldn't shove me in a little more gently?" Riff asked.

"This is insane." She whispered. "You should not be here."

"Come with me just to talk. Okay?" Riff grabbed her hand, "We don't have to go far. Wherever you want."

She looked at him, debating going or not.

"Please." Riff whispered.

He showed through his eyes that he was desperate. Whenever he showed an emotion, which wasn't often, Camilla couldn't help but fall.

"Come with me." She said to him. He sighed in relief, giving her a smile.

She flipped her lights off, and went to her window, opening it quietly. She climbed out, turning and reaching her hand for Riff.

He smiled and grabbed her hand, following her out. She climbed up the fire escape, him following her every step.

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Authors Note:
Guess who's seeing Dear Evan Hansen this weekend?

Authors Note:Guess who's seeing Dear Evan Hansen this weekend?