11.

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Camilla sat in fresh clothes, Valentina trying to get her too eat something. But all she could do was stare at her ring.

Only yesterday was he here and happy. Only yesterday they were at the beach. Only yesterday were they getting married.

"Do you want soup hija?" Valentina asked, getting the same response as before. Nothing.

Suddenly the door bell chimed. Officer krupke came in, "Excuse me, Camilla Nunez?"

She looked up slowly, Officer Krupke coming to her and sitting.

"I'm sorry to, to come in here and ask for this," He started.

"Don't." She cut him off, "please."

He sighed, "We have to bring you and Anita down to the morgue to identify the bodies."

"No." Valentina immediately answered. "You know who there are you can identify them for yourselves."

"It's against the law if the spouse of the victim doesn't identify the corpse." Krupke said.

"Corpse?" Camilia spoke up, "Victim?" She looked at the officer. "You act like, you don't know his name. Like you didn't watch him, all your life, as he grew up."

Krupke looked down, "He might be de-," She let out a gasp, "He- he still has a name."

"She is not in the right state to go." Valentina said, "I watched the boy grow up. I know every detail of his face- I was basically his mother-,"

"I'll go," Camilla said with sad frown, "I'll go."

"Camilla-,"

She looked at Valentina, "It- it has to me." She stuttered.

Valentina knew she couldn't stop her from going, "You come right back here after." she said giving her a hug.

Then Camilla went weakly with the officer. He drove to the hospital.

She walked into to the hallway, spotting another tear stricken girl.

Anita and Camilla stared at each both with heartbreak in their eyes.

At first, all Camilla could picture looking at Anita was Riff being struck by Bernardo's blade.

But then- she thought about Bernardo being stabbed.

Anita slowly started to walk over to her. Camilla's breath got shaky as she wondered was Anita would do.

Suddenly, Anita hugged her, sobbing into her shoulder.

"Lo siento carino," (I'm sorry honey.) Anita sobbed to her, "lamento mucho esto haya sucedido." (I'm sorry sorry this happened.)

Camilla hugged her back with as much strength as she could, and she didn't have to say anything back. The hug said it all.