Ch 1: Bad Weather (edit)

Season 1
Monkie Kid: Bad Weather

Megapolis continued to rebuild its city after the attack of the Demon Bull King and his family

Megapolis continued to rebuild its city after the attack of the Demon Bull King and his family. It wasn't until a week later that it was brought to their attention that there was a new hero in town to save the day, the Monkie Kid.

It was noon when the news came out. Everyone was ecstatic to even have a hero in the city. Someone who can eventually save them just in case the Demon Bull family comes back to attack them again.

Inside a familiar apartment, a hand drew the radio loudly as it blared the news of the Monkie Kid saving the city, recalling the Monkey Mech that fought the Demon Bull King to a pulp. 

(Y/N) thrust the window open as she listens to the radio. She drew her hands away from the window and smiled at what the news reporter had to say next.

"Breaking news. After last week's devastation in Megapolis city. There are confirmations that the cause of destruction, downtown in Megapolis city, was created by none other than the legendary Demon Bull King. Still, this day remains in question about the mysterious young man who saved us all from the Demon Bull King-"

"Heard that Pretty Bird?" (Y/N) placed her hands on her hips, staring down at the city view. She smiles softly. "MKs a hero. Sounds exciting, isn't it?" She turned to her golden feathered friend. Busy ruffling his feathers, he perked up his head with a feather on his beak.

He let out a tiny chirp as (Y/N) went up to him and took the feather from his beak. "But I want to know one thing. Can he become the Monkie Kid? There's the responsibility, and yeah, I know he can take care of himself as a pre-adult. But knowing MK for a long time, I'm worried he might take his role seriously," She said, fiddling around the stem of the feather.

She looks at Pretty Bird, blinking at her with his gold hues. (Y/N) sighs. "I'm rambling again, aren't I?" She says, shaking her head at herself. 

The woman walked up to the table, her painting tools disorganized and messy. The brush was set aside with the palette, filled with bright and dull colors used for the canvas. Mix and mash. (Y/N) took the completed canvas, covered in oil paint, off the easel and flipped it over.

Behind the canvas was a strap making an X across the back. (Y/N) gave back the feather to Pretty Bird, who took it with his beak, waiting for the woman to pull back the strap to stick the feather in.

(Y/N) released the strap gently to hold the feather in its place and turned the canvas around. "Time to hang this up. Wanna find a place for it?" She asked the bird, giving him the 'okay' to choose a spot for the canvas.