Ch 2: Duplicatnation (edit)

Season 1
Monkie Kid: Duplicatnation

Thud

(Y/N) and Tang pull themselves away from their noodles, the scholar holding the bowl, the woman putting her chopsticks down. They stared at MK, slumped against the counter, his cries muffled.

Tang spoke up first. "Wow, MK. You look like hot garbage," He places his palm against his cheek as he leans on it. "Tired?" He glances the boy up and down.

MK weakly nudges his head up. "Huh- Me? No, I'm fine," He grasped a bowl of noodles in his hands, straightening himself up on his seat. 

(Y/N) notices the eye bags underneath his eyes and leans over her seat for a close look. "I can see eye bags underneath your eyes. You're not okay," She said in concern. MK brushes her off, shaking his head.

"No, it'll be gone," MK's eyelids blink slowly, rubbing them tiredly. He looks down at the noodle bowl, feeling his body swaying. "I can just close my eyes.. for a couple.. of seconds..." He lets out a yawn, dumping his face into his bowl, creating a mess around him with the broth.

Tang and (Y/N) can hear a gurgling noise from him, seeing bubbles forming from the side. Tang uses his chopsticks to turn over the boy. "You're pushing yourself too hard, MK. At least give yourself a break," He says, placing his bowl down.

"Working all day, partying all night? Painting, boats? What's with you?" Tang lectured MK, questioning all his daily routines that have been nothing but a cycle in his everyday life.

The woman's brows furrowed. "You're still a growing, young boy. It's not good for you to do everything at once," (Y/N) said, placing a hand on MK's back. "You need to get some rest."

MK removes his head from the bowl and looks down at his reflection in the soup. He touches his hair, feeling the knots as his fingers laced over them, touching his face upon seeing the dark bags underneath his eyes. He sighs. "I just... I don't want to let my friends down, you know?" MK pushes the bowl away

"You're not letting anyone down. You do know that right?" (Y/N) said, frowning.

He nods his head rapidly. "I know that! But, at the same time, I want to help out the store. Do some arts and crafts with Sandy, and enjoy partying with Mei. I guess it's harder than I expected. I'm just one guy!" MK groans in distraught, slumping his head down.