Ch 3: Shadow Puppets (edit)

Season 1
Monkie Kid: Shadow Puppets

"Thank you!" The woman smiled at the worker, taking her batch of popcorn into her arms as she replied to a text from MK, who was sad that she was not with them to have a sleepover at Mei's

She assured the boy, telling him and the others to have a fun night at Mei's, and turned off her phone. (Y/N) heads inside the theater room, rows of seats face-centered at the stage.

(Y/N) sat at the first row, placing herself directly towards the stage as more and more people began to enter the theater room. The woman will wave and create small talk with the people she recognizes as her clients that were happy to see (Y/N).

Suddenly, the light above them flickered into darkness, the audience taking a sign to quiet themselves down as they waited for the puppet show to begin its story. A puff of smoke waves through the stage, and a cloaked figure, their robe, silk in maroon with clouded red prints, walked on stage, holding a beautiful antique lantern.

The performer known as the Shadow Puppeteer greets his audience with a bow. He stands tall and smiles, revealing his sharp teeth. "Ah, I see you've returned to hear more stories of the King and the Warrior," He says as the lantern flickers in his hand.

(Y/N) pop a few popcorns in her mouth, smiling as she hears the audience exclaiming a 'yes.' Excited to hear more tales from the Shadow Puppeteer.

The puppeteer laughed as he walked around the stage. He expressed a desire to introduce some modifications to the story he was about to tell. "The tale was about a lonely princess confined to her temple with no escape, who unexpectedly met a warrior and helped him when he was in need." The audience was intrigued by what he said, and even (Y/N) became interested.

"I call this story: The Princess and her Warrior."

"I should recommend this place to the others," (Y/N) said, smiling at the thought of inviting her friends back to the theater.

As the woman watched, she noticed a glowing curtain behind the puppeteer, revealing a silhouette of a temple and trees. The story unfolded as the Shadow Puppeteer proceeded, starting with a warrior resting against a tree and holding his stomach in agony.

"Many years ago, a warrior was struck by the King and fled to the mountains to find a place to heal. However, he became weak and wandered through the peaks, searching for shelter. Eventually, he stumbled upon a meadow and sought refuge under an oak tree. The warrior was in a state of exhaustion and his wound had left him unable to walk properly, causing him to trip and collapse to the ground."