Fireflies

Angie was growing slightly annoyed with the pout in Stiles' lip as he drove the two of them away from Derek's loft and toward the public pool Lydia had practically begged her to meet her at. If she were to be honest, Angie was pretty sure she would have gone to the pool by herself had it not been for the fact she didn't have a car with her at the moment and Peter didn't seem too keen on borrowing his, so, instead, she had had to resort to asking Stiles for a ride, which had led her to explaining that Lydia had called her a little scared saying she needed her to come to meet her which then led her to a silent and rather awkward car ride with Stiles as he drove.

"Look, the only reason why she called me first is because we got a lot closer than any of you even cared to notice during summer, okay?" Angie rolled her eyes, not even thinking she actually needed to explain herself, but knowing Stiles was sort of expecting her to. "And while you and Scott avoided her and Allison at all costs for the last three months, I went to take coffee with her every other day whenever I could."

"It's just not fair." Stiles whined, sounding almost childish as Angie rolled her eyes.

"What isn't fair?"

"I mean, I just... I've been trying to get her to talk to me for the past decade and nothing..." He complained. "And then you just show up and suddenly she's turning to you for help?"

"She's turning to me for help because I showed her before that I'll always help her when she needs it." Angie shrugged not really wanting to step onto Stiles' toes - because, in a way, she really liked the boy and she knew he did try his very best - but already tired of his little jealousy display in spite of the fact that Lydia was always complaining she usually found herself alone when it came to the rest of the group. "Maybe if you try that, she'll call you first next time."

And, at her words, Stiles sent her a glare, but decided to just drop the subject when he noticed they were arriving at the public pool. Stiles had barely parked his jeep when Angie unbuckled her seatbelt and practically leaped out of the car, running out and straight toward the pool where they could see Lydia's shaky form standing.

"Lydia?" She called, running up to the girl with Stiles close behind her. "Lydia? Lydia, are you okay?"

"I'm okay..." Lydia mumbled, still hugging herself tightly as she leaned back against Angie for a moment with hazy eyes and a nod of her head toward the dead body she had apparently found, still sitting on the life-guard high-chair nearby. "That, over there...? Not okay."

Angie turned around as much as she could while still pretty much keeping Lydia up on her feet. As soon as her eyes fell on the body of the young man, thoroughly covered in blood, she gasped, turning around to exchange a worried look with Stiles as the boy flinched at the mere vision of the body in front of him.

"Yeah. All right." Angie mumbled, finally looking away from the body to turn back to look at Stiles instead. "You should probably call your dad."

Stiles nodded then, already reaching inside his pocket for his phone, but, before he could do much else, however, Lydia spoke up, her voice still a little shaky as she avoided eye contact with either Stiles or Angie.

"I already called 911." She said and, while Angie nodded at Lydia, Stiles gasped, almost offended by the girl's words.

"You called the police before you called me?" He asked, as Lydia frowned, finally snapping back to reality as she turned to look at him.

"I didn't actually call you." She said, as Stiles scoffed.

"Well, call her, call me, call us, same thing... Now is not the time to discuss grammar." Stiles threw his hands up in the air in frustration as Angie rolled her eyes at his attitude. "The point is... You called the police first!"