The overlooked

"Okay, all medications should be sealed inside the plastic bags, and the patients carry it in their hands!" Melissa yelled, barking instructions left and right so that all of the patients inside the hospital right now would be safely transferred somewhere else considering the huge storm - that Mrs. McCall had an eerie feeling had something to do with the supernatural - was causing all sorts of problems in their facility. "When you've completely evacuated the room, you mark the door with a red X, okay?"

"What the hell is going on?" One of the doctors yelled at her, trying to make himself heard over the storm and the mass of people running around.

"The weather called for mild thunderstorms this morning, and now they're saying power is already out in several towns." Melissa said. "Hill Valley's under a flood watch."

And, at her words, the doctor stopped for a moment, his eyes wide as he processed what they meant.

"I live in Hill Valley." He said, causing Melissa to sigh as she nodded and grabbed his clipboard from him.

"Are all your patients clear?" She asked.

"Hum..." The man hesitated as he thought it over for a second. "All except for Angelina Bright."

***

"Derek?" They all heard Jennifer calling out when she walked into the loft. "Derek, where are you?"

"Right here." Derek said, stepping out of the shadows and into the moonlight coming from the window.

"Thank God!" Jennifer breathed out, rushing across the flat to wrap him up in a hug. Under normal circumstances, Derek would have basked in the attention, but, after everything he had heard about her, he wasn't sure he could even bring himself to reciprocate the gesture. "Something happened at the recital, at the school, okay? I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear it for any of them."

"From who?" Derek asked, looking down at a very wide-eyed Jennifer, even though he was already pretty much on loop with everything.

"Scott, Stiles, even Lydia..." She said. "They're gonna tell you things; things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me."

"What is it?" Derek asked, hoping his fake-concern was convincing enough to keep up the act for a while.

"Promise you'll listen to me." Jennifer insisted.

"I promise." He said, but something in his tone must have given him away because, after a second, Jennifer shook her head as she took a step back from him.

"They're already here, aren't they?" Jennifer asked, her jaw clenched as she noticed Scott and Stiles walking out of the shadows as well, trapping her. "So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott corrected.

"Oh, that's right." Jennifer scoffed. "Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour... That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. Makes perfect sense."

She was mocking them, of course, still trying with everything she had to get Derek to believe her, but he already knew who to believe. And one look at Stiles' tearful eyes, he knew he had it right.

"Where's my dad?" He demanded, as Jennifer scoffed again.

"How should I know?" She asked, turning away from Stiles to look over at Derek instead. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this?"

"Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?" Derek asked, causing Jennifer to gasp.

"No!"

"Ask her what she did to Angie." Scott said, his hands turning into fists at his side. "She's still unconscious in her hospital bed, did you know that?"