Alpha pact

After whatever had happened with Scott up on the roof and getting Derek to wake up, the werewolf had gotten Angie in his car to drive her out of the hospital while Stiles stayed behind to deal with the authorities they all knew would be coming in soon after the mess Jennifer Blake and the alphas had made of the place. The whole ride over to where Stiles told them the others would be waiting for them had been a quiet one, but, at some point, Angie decided enough was enough.

"Are you okay?" She asked, turning to look at Derek as he gripped the steering wheel a little tighter. "I mean, I'm just asking cause... When Stiles and I found you, you were pretty out of it."

"Yeah, I've noticed. If I remember correctly, Stiles slapped me across the face a few times." The older man said, as Angie rolled her eyes while biting back a smirk.

"You weren't responding to anything else." She said as Derek chuckled quietly under his breath. "And besides... I'm pretty sure a few slaps across the face from Stiles didn't hurt you all that much."

"No." Derek shook his head, looking straight ahead of himself at the road while scowling. "Not after everything that happened tonight."

"Derek..." Angie sighed quietly, trying to come up with something to say to her old friend, but stopping herself when Derek turned around to steal a quick glance at her.

"But I should be the one asking you if you're okay, shouldn't I?" Derek asked, as Angie bit her lip, trying not to spiral down into nerves as she thought back to everything that happened that night. "After what... What she did to you? I don't... I don't even know everything she did to you, but from what I've heard... It was bad."

"Yeah..." Angie mumbled, biting her lip as she looked away from Derek and out of the window of the car. "I mean, I'm not even sure I know everything that happened but... It was... It was a lot, definitely."

Just by the tone of her voice, Derek knew there was more to it than Angie was letting out, but, considering everything she had been through over the past couple of hours, Derek decided it'd be best not to push it - she'd come to him if she wanted to, or so he hoped. Besides, Derek was already parking the car as soon as he got to the empty parking lot they had all agreed to meet at if everything went wrong with their plan - and, of course, it had.

"Where are the others?" Derek and Angie could hear Allison asking as they climbed out of Derek's car.

"I don't know..." Isaac answered. "Scott, Stiles and Angie went back for Derek and Jennifer. I had to get the rest of us out."

"Where are they?"

"Stiles is still at the hospital." Derek said, announcing his and Angie's arrival as everyone turned around to watch them reunite with them. "He's gonna hold off the cops for us. We have to go right now."

"What about Scott and Melissa?" Chris Argent asked, as Angie sighed, looking down at her hands, dreading that question and the one she knew would be coming up right after her answer.

"Jennifer took Melissa." She said, grimacing slightly at the way Allison widened her eyes to look at her.

"What about Scott?" She insisted, frowning ever deeper when Angie didn't say anything. "Angie, where's Scott?"

Before she could even think about a way to explain everything that had happened to the rest of their group, everything changed. There was a sudden gush of air, so strong and loud they all almost stumbled. Angie wasn't even sure what had happened after that, but all she could recall was a yelp of pain coming from Cora, just before she fell to the ground, shivering, and a shape - that Angie was pretty sure had been Jennifer Blake herself, even if she couldn't be too sure - ran past her, disappearing into the woods just as soon as the wind circling around the group slowed down.