Anchors

Angie cursed under her breath when she felt all of her books slipping from her hold when someone knocked into her as she walked down the school's grounds to head over to her first class of the day. Turning around to see who it had been, Angie widened her eyes when she saw Scott McCall standing there, looking a little lost for a second as he stared at his own shadow. Angie frowned, her hand hovering over Scott's shoulder almost as if afraid to touch him, but when he didn't snap out of his trance on his own, Angie decided to give it a shot.

"Scott?" She called, jumping back slightly when Scott snapped his head toward her, his eyes seemingly out of focus for a moment until they came back and Scott noticed Angie's shocked expression and her books scattered around the floor at her feet.

"Sorry." He mumbled, already crouching down to the floor to help Angie pick up her stuff as the girl just shook her head and crouched down in front of him.

"It's okay." She assured, placing her hand over Scott's to stop his frantic movements before gasping when she noticed how Scott shook under her touch. "Hey! Hey, you all right?"

Scott nodded his head then, all of Angie's papers already gathered in his hands as he passed them over to her. Angie sighed, grabbing the papers from him, but sending her friend a skeptical look.

"You don't look all right, Scott." She said.

"I'm okay." Scott said, trying to sound convincing, but failing miserably, especially when Stiles approached the two of them, having heard some of their conversation with a scowl on his face.

"No, you're not." The boy said, causing Angie and Scott to snap their heads up toward him as Stiles shrugged. Scott frowned, suddenly worried for his best friend and forgetting all about his own troubles for a moment as he usually did, and moved to stand up after having helped Angie gather all of her stuff. Extending a hand out to her, Scott helped the girl up to her feet again as the two of them now stood in front of a rather uncomfortable looking Stiles Stilinski. "It's happening to you, too. You're seeing things, aren't you?"

"How did you know?" Scott asked, sounding almost shocked.

"Wait... Too?" Angie frowned, having picked up on Stiles' discreet slip up.

The boy sighed but, before he could even start to explain himself, they all turned around when they heard heels clicking against the floor, already half expecting Lydia Martin to be heading their direction, with, of course, Allison Argent following her close behind.

"It's happening to all three of you." She said, causing everyone to stop for a moment to look at Allison as the girl shrugged, a little unsure.

"I'm seeing things too." Allison admitted, as everyone exchanged worried glances.

"Right, great, that's awesome." Stiles rolled his eyes, always the sarcastic ones. "So that's it then? We become surrogate sacrifices to our parents by dying in an ice-filled bathtub in an animal clinic for what? Starting to have bad dreams and crazy visions?"

At his question, none of his friends gave him much of an answer, all of them just starting to make their way into the school as Lydia smirked as she pushed the front door open for them all.

"Well, well, well... Look who's no longer the crazy one." She said, just as sarcastically, as Allison frowned at her best friend.

"We're not crazy." She defended herself as Lydia scoffed, turning around in her heels to stare at the rest of the group as she stood in front of them.

"Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis?" She raised an eyebrow at them, rolling her eyes when none of them argued. "Yeah, you guys are fine."

"We did die and come back to life..." Scott shrugged, reasonably. "That's gotta have some side effects, right?"