Chapter One - Where Love Lies

One Year Later.

"Boo!", the girl yelled in an effort to rise her sleeping Leo from his slumber.
In truth, the devious man had awoken long ago but was yet to find the desire to share that secret with his little Melody - he thoroughly enjoyed the compromising position the two were in as his girl straddled his waist.

However, Melody soon grew impatient and began to shake Leonardo, she was unaware that with each movement her body would unconsciously grind against the man's at a tantalizing slow pace. Unprepared, Leonardo's breath hitched in his throat - a detail that did not go unnoticed by his girl. Melody released an extensively overdramatic gasp as she finally saw through the man's lie. "That is so unfair! I've been trying to wake you up for forever! How dare you!", she huffed exasperatingly.

To Melody's absolute horror, Leonardo simply chuckled at his girl's antics. He looked at the girl who had a bird's nest perched on her head, the remainder of sleep still her eyes, her eyebrows furrowed into a deep frown and her swollen lips pulled into a pout.
He thought she looked adorable.

"Good morning to you too, my love." Leonardo teased. He reached for her, wanting her closer to him and his previous triumphant smirk morphed into a scowl as she, instead, retracted from his hold entirely. It took only a single threatening look from the man for Melody to realize her mistake. Her eyes widened in fear before she practically threw herself into her Leo's embrace, mumbling a feeble "sorry" into his chest.

Sighing in satisfaction, Leonardo began running his hands through his Melody's overly knotted hair as he planted a gentle kiss on her forehead. "What's got my girl in such a rush anyway?" he knowingly questioned.

"Leo! How could you forget?" she whined. Leonardo had not forgotten, in actuality he was holding onto the tiny hope that Melody would be the one to forgot what the day entailed. "It's Nyla's birthday!", she informed him. Just like that, his hope was shattered. "Come on! You need to drop me at her house soon!" she insisted.

"Baby, why don't we just tell Nyla you aren't feeling well? I'm sure she'll understand and, you know, if you stay here, you and I could have some fun," he negotiated as his thumbs traced soft circles on her hips and his mouth left red marks up her collarbone as it travelled. Leonardo very rarely let Melody out of arms reach but on the occasion he did, he despised every second of her absence. He needed to know where she was and who she was with at all times. He needed ensure that she was safe; he needed to be able to protect her, always.

In his view, the girl was far too fragile to withstand, what he knew to be, a cruel world indeed.
She needed him to take care of her, unbeknownst to him, he needed her more.

"No, Leo. I can't nor want to miss today. You know Nyla's my best friend," Melody muttered, still in a state of ecstasy from her man's touch. Melody loved Leonardo dearly, he was what her life revolved around. However, whilst she was too frightened to ever admit it, the girl longed for more freedom. Melody would not trade the love that Leonardo and she shared for anything, but whilst she relished in how possessive the man was of her, she knew his possessiveness trapped her in ways.

She had been counting down the days until Nyla's birthday for weeks and had somehow managed to withhold the true events of the day from Leonardo. Melody hated lying to her Leo but she knew if he discovered the real plan for the day he would surely not let her go.

"Go and get dressed then", he succumbed after his eyes briefly closed in defeat. In contrary to his words Leonardo kept the tight hold he had on his Melody. His girl giggled at her Leo's games as she skillfully wiggled out of his grasp and skipped into the wardrobe they both shared.

As Melody disappeared into the wardrobe, Leonardo found no reason to remain in the bed for a moment longer. Only shortly after did the girl reappear and, attributing to her usual clumsiness, she immediately ran into the man's bare chest. Melody would have undoubtedly been thrown to the floor if Leonardo hadn't grabbed hold of her on reflex. "Slow down", he warned, dangerously.
He hated that Melody was not more careful.