Chapter 20 - Chef's Kiss

Third Person's POV:

****

Peaceful. They lay entwined; their legs knotted together and their arms wound tightly around each other. Deep, calm breaths climbed up their throats as the couple took refuge in the other's embrace.
The previous night's events had ushered them both into a stubborn state of exhaustion and the second they returned home they made haste to their bed - strategically avoiding Leonardo's Father in the process.

Melody was the first to stir. Drowsily, she wiped away the reminiscence of sleep from her eyes as a yawn escaped her mouth. She cringed at the light of day's intrusion into the, otherwise shadowy, bedroom before untangling her limbs from Leonardo's and forcing her body into a sitting position. She stared, half-heartedly, around the room before her attention cascaded back down to her man. Her man. God, did she love that thought - the thought of possessing him, the thought of him belonging to her as she did him, the thought of him being her's and her's alone.

She allowed her eyes to admire his face; every significant detail. He appeared so...content; there was no anger hiding in grimaces, no discomfort lacing frowns, no evident resentment to the world in his expression, only a harmonious tranquility. Melody smiled softly at the idea although she felt guilty that, try as she may, she was unable to mimic the peace the man found in his dreams.

Daintily, Melody moved her thumbs to gently trace Leonardo's sculpted features and they did so on haptic memory.
She found him unsettlingly beautiful.
Slowly, she moved to plant sensual kisses down his neck. A satisfied smirk pulled at her lips as she felt goosebumps rise under her touch.
Melody knew he had awoken when his regular paced breaths stuttered slightly before quickening. Tauntingly, she continued her movements; rejoicing in the effect she had on him.

Soon, Melody felt two hands claim her waist. An aroused groan left Leonardo's mouth as he opened his eyes and flickered his gaze to the girl who remained marking his collarbone. "Fuck, could I get used to waking up like this," he mumbled, and Melody clenched her thighs at his hoarse morning voice and crained her neck to look up at him, feeling a little embarrassed. Leonardo chuckled as he noted the endearing pinkness that coloured her cheeks.
"Hi princess", he teased.

"Good morning Leo," she reciprocated. He looked at her fondly and Melody felt butterflies as he bent down to kiss her forehead. She loved when he did that.

He moved his hands up to her head before he began tactically massaging her scalp. Melody's relaxed sighs rang in the air and Leonardo smirked as he felt her absentmindedly lean into his touch. Cute. "How are you feeling?" he questioned, his voice hushed.

"I'm okay, thank you", she muttered half-heartedly. Leonardo merely hummed in acknowledgment.

He gazed down at her in pure admiration. She was to him, as always, undeniably perfect. Perfect face, perfect personality, and a fucking perfect body. The man could not comprehend how he got so lucky. "Come here", he prompted as he gently clasped Melody's chin between his index finger and thumb to usher her closer. His lips soon captured hers' in a tantalizing kiss and his free hand ventured downwards to explore her body. Melody gasped as Leonardo pulled at the waist and of her underwear before letting it snap back onto her hip. He smirked at her reaction. God, did he love the effect he had on her. She clenched her thighs as she felt his fingers slip under the lining of her underwear, however, her cheeks burnt crimson as the couple were interrupted by Melody's stomach rumbling. "Hungry, baby?" he chuckled before retracting his hand.

Melody groaned in frustration. Fuck, did she want him. "Hungry for you..." she whispered and entwined her fingers into his disheveled hair to haul him into another kiss.