Chapter 24 - Unveiling of Emotion

Third Person POV:

****

"Leonardo Sebastian Romano, stop being mean to the nice doctor right now. You're being utterly childish," Melody scolded the man for repeatedly threatening the poor doctor who shakily attempted to stitch up Melody's bullet wound under the man's heaven-shattering glare.

Reluctantly, Leonardo shifted his gaze towards Melody as his eyes softened immensely. "But he's hurting you..." he grumbled, his lips forming in a stubborn pout.

Melody giggled at the childish expression he wore. "Baby, he has to do this so I can heal," Melody explained but struggled to hide her discomfort as she winced at the painful sensation.

"See! He's hurting you! Fucking prick probably isn't even a real doctor. Where'd you get your degree from dumbass? Melody get away from him." Leonardo fumed as he pointed accusingly at the frozen doctor who's face had turn pale with terror.

"That is it! Get out! You are being ridiculous." Melody demanded with a firm expression as she realised this process would never if Leonardo did not stop scaring the poor man shitless.

"What? No! He should be the one to get ou-", he immediately objected with a hateful scowl on his face before his appalled girl interrupted him.

"For the love of god, Leo, he is trying to do his job! Either you leave or I am sleeping in the guest room for the next week." Melody threatened, knowing her man would ultimately give in at the mere thought of not being able to hold her in bed for even one night.

"The hell you are-" Leonardo bellowed angrily as his  muscles noticeably tensed. The doctor's forehead became moist with sweat.

"I will unless you are gone by the time I count to three! One... two..." Melody started counting, inwardly laughing at the absurdity of the situation.

"Okay! Okay, fine! But I am waiting right outside that door and if I hear one whimper of discomfort from my girl you are dead!" Leonardo threatened the doctor before kissing Melody's forehead and angrily slamming the door shut as he stormed out their bedroom.

Melody sighed tiredly as she shook her head. "I am so sorry about him, he's just a little... protective I guess... please do continue." Melody encouraged the doctor who stood completely baffled by the conversation he had just observed. He was astounded at the power this tiny girl appeared to have over Leonardo Romano of all people. The man had worked in his mafia for many years and had never seen his boss exhibit even an indication of empathy or concern for anyone and yet innocent little Melody seemed to have him down on his knees. He was in awe. "Umm.. sir?" Melody prompted, pulling the man out of his daze.

"My apologies, Miss. I will be finished shortly," the doctor reassured and returned to working on her arm. He ensured to work as carefully and with as much precision as possible as he remained completely and utterly petrified of the man who lingered, eavesdropping and waiting impatiently on the other side of the door.

****

"Leo, you can put me down now - it's my arm that got hurt not my legs, you know?" Melody mocked in annoyance as Leonardo continued to walk around the house carrying her, effortlessly so, in his arms.

The man merely rolled his eyes as his grip on the weary girl only tightened. "I like holding you." He grumbled, boyishly.

"And I like being in your arms, but you've been walking around in your every-day life whilst carrying me for the past hour. I feel like some kind of accessory." Melody teased lightly as she beckoned to be put down.