Chapter 9

"He's a stand user!"

I can only stand at his side patiently as Koichi gathered his bearings from his obvious concussion.

"...Thanks for telling me, I didn't notice."

Koichi didn't respond, likely too busy in his own thoughts to reply to anything else.

This really wasn't all that surprising, from what I've heard. Mysterious boy with a mysterious transformation, who hangs around the mob and could possibly be my distant relative?

If that doesn't sound like "Stand User" to you, you may need to get your ears checked.

"Should I go after him?"

"No. It's not worth it," Koichi sighs, "he's already gone."

The short boy tossed his head from side to side, his neck stretching with an unpleasant crack.

He chuckles lightly, running a hand through his silver hair. "That kid took everything that I brought... I don't even have a cell phone to call Mr. Jotaro with."

"Oh." I let out a sigh of relief. "If that's what you're worried about, I just so happen to have a phone with Jotaro's number on it."

_ _ _ _ _

"Jotaro! It's me, Koichi!"

Static buzzed on the other side of the line.

"Oh, Koichi." Jotaro remarks, "you made it to Italy safely?"

"We found him! The one you sent me to find, Haruno Shiobana."

"...That was quick."

Koichi glances at me for a moment before continuing his conversation.

"Yeah, well I hope you're holding on to your hat... I ran into him at the airport, and we kind of had it out, and then I happened to run into your sister!"

My brother seemed, for the most part, uninterested in our meeting. Koichi waited for a moment, assuming that Jotaro would have something to say. When the other side of the line was silent, he decided to speak again.

"Well, let me tell you what I've found out," the boy said, "he's a stand user! In Italy, he goes by Giorno Giovana. It's just like you said, Mr. Jotaro; how stand users are somehow drawn to each other. Our meeting was completely by chance!"

"...Huh."

I motion towards Koichi, and he hands me my phone.

"He's only a student, but he's involved in some shady things. He stole Koichi's bag, and all of his money. I can't believe that I didn't catch this any sooner, I've known him for years." I say, "Plus, the photo's outdated. He's got blond hair now, and he didn't dye it. Though, I'd assume that this has something to do with his stand."

The silver-haired boy next to me hummed, and I held my phone out between us as he spoke. "Also, his stand may have the ability to reflect an enemy's very own attack right back at them."

"I'm sorry about all the trouble," Jotaro said, "I'll get you a hotel right away and wire you some money. Just hang tight."

"No," I responded, "Koichi could always stay at my apartment-"

He shakes his head at my remark. "I appreciate the offer, but I wouldn't want to intrude. Thank you, Mr. Jotaro!"

Koichi raises his hand, ready to press the 'end call' button on my phone. Before his finger can reach it, I hurriedly snatch it out of his hand.

"Wait a minute," I tell him, "How exactly are we connected to all of this, Jotaro?"

He replies with a short, blunt statement.