004.

*

     the now group of six had finally made it to restaurant where they would be meeting with the dekusquad. the teens had gotten there a bit late due to kirishima, one, not being able to drive and two, not being able to read directions correctly. upon entry, y/n noticed the rather long line and how popular the place seemed to be among the locals, "mina-san, do you guys come here often?" the girl asked the alien looking girl next to her.

     "i do! although, i don't know about the others. i'm pretty sure if they did, kirishima would have gotten us here much, much faster." mina answered rather enthusiastically. y/n nodded, satisfied with her answer. after finally making it to the front of the line, kaminari told the hostess of the reservations todoroki had made and the six teens were led back into a more private area of the building. y/n admired the interior of the building as they were led to their area. the bright lights that lit up the building inside and out made the whole place inviting and fun. she quite liked the style. the teens entered the room and greeted the others that sat awaiting their company. deku eagerly stood up as soon as he saw y/n's intimidating, but comforting, face.

     "y/n-san, i'm so happy you came! i didn't expect you to! and- wow, you look... really nice." he exclaimed as he led her over to a seat he'd specifically saved for her. "i wanted to get to know you more and talk about your quirk a little more... because uh... it's cool... and i want to know more about it..." he explained as the two of them sat down. y/n looked onto the table in front of them and saw deku's hero notebook along with a pen that deku was just itching to write with.

     "midoriya-kun, i think we should try to enjoy our time here instead of just spending our time talking about quirks. we can do that any other time, just not now. let's spend time with the others and we can do this another day, okay?" y/n didn't want to turn the boy down, he seemed so eager to learn more about her quirk, but she just didn't have the energy to answer questions she'd been asked one hundred times before. she watched as deku's face turned into a half frown, but nodded nonetheless. he wasn't going to blatantly complain in her face because she didn't want to talk quirks with him at the moment, it wasn't like him to do so.

     "so, y/n-san, are you liking it at ua so far?" iida asked the girl, snatching her attention away from the green haired boy next to her.

     y/n shrugged, "it's been nice so far. i found out there are a lot of people that dislike me, i heard them talking in the halls earlier."

     there were multiple gasps that filled the room.

     "what?! what do you mean people don't like you?!" kirishima practically yelled.

     "they think i'm a 'show off' is what i heard. i don't care, though, why should i? if they won't take the chance to get to know me then it doesn't matter what they think." y/n shrugged as she took a sip of her water that todoroki had ordered for them before they got there.

     "they're not wrong about you being a show off..." bakugou mumbled under his breath. mina elbowed him in the side as a response.

     y/n glanced over to him and raised brow, "is there something you would like to say to me?"

     bakugou rolled his eyes, but mina perked up to answer for him, "don't listen to him, y/n-san, he's just still a little mad about earlier when you showed him up in front of everyone."

     "that is not what happened!" bakugou interjected fiercely.

     "that is exactly what happened." todoroki corrected.

     "yeah, he's just mad you made him blush in front of everyone!" kaminari added.

     "i did— i was not blushing! who the hell do you think i am?!" bakugou growled.

     "stop teasing him before he blows up. literally," y/n sighed. "we wouldn't want our evening to be ruined." she said, glancing at the people accompanying her at the table. it was quiet for a few seconds before uraraka spoke up, "so, y/n, do you mind telling us about yourself? you seem like a really interesting girl."

     y/n thought for a moment before taking another sip of her water, "i suppose i could. what would you like to know?"

    deku was the first (not to mention the loudest) one to speak up, "where'd you train at before you came here-?!"

     y/n looked over to the boy next to her, "my father trained me. he told me i had potential, and my potential could only be reached if he was the one to help me obtain it. i was supposed to come to ua six months ago, but he decided that my training wasn't over."

     jirou tilted her head in confusion, "how'd he train you?"

     "well... he uhm... for the most part, we would just spar... i guess. i cant really name all the training exercises we did, i just know that they were exhausting, but he would never let me give up. he was really strict about that... really, really strict..." y/n felt her mouth become dry and she swallowed thickly.

     the atmosphere became tense as the room became unnaturally quiet.

     mina cleared her throat in an attempt to cut the tension in the air around them, "okay! how about we order our food now, hm? oh! would you look at that, cold soba? wow, this menu is just wonderful really-"

     "mina?" jirou whisper yelled, "you're not helping." she gave a sarcastic smile.

     "right..."

     "uh, excuse me, everyone," y/n said standing up from her seat, "i need to use the restroom." the (your hair color) haired girl made her way to the establishments restrooms using the signs as navigation. once she'd made it, she locked the door and looked herself in the mirror.

     "god, pull yourself together y/n. you're here for you, and you only. nobody else matters except you."

| i listened to the victorious sound track as i wrote this