006.

y/n sighed as she stared out the window of the common room. it'd been about three months since the girl had began her year at ua, and she was starting to genuinely enjoy her time there.

     something about that scared y/n. she'd found herself smiling and laughing more than she ever had in her life leading up to this point. making friends at this place wasn't something she'd planned on doing, it just sort of happened.

     the bronze skinned girl jumped a bit as her phone rang. she'd been expecting the call, but she was so caught up in her own thoughts she'd almost forgotten. y/n stared at the contact name for a few moments.

     "dad."

     hesitantly, she answered.

     "hello?" she muttered into the device.

     "y/n." the voice that responded was more grovel than she'd remembered. he was definitely getting worse. there was no doubt about that.

     "hi, father. are you doing well?" she asked the man on the other line; judging by the sound of his voice, she already knew the answer.

     on the other line, her father shook his head even though she couldn't see it, "what do you think?" he asked with a chuckle that turned into a wet cough. she could hear him spit out the phlegm.

     "dumb question. i'm sorry," there was a moment of silence before she continued, "i miss you."

     another moment of silence.

     "i miss you too. i'd be a fool not to miss my only daughter. it feels as if you've been gone for years." he told the girl. "i hope i'm not dead and gone by the time you-"

     without a second of hesitation, y/n ended the call with tears in her eyes. she didn't want to think about that. she didn't want to think about him being ill, about where he was and why he was there. she didn't want to think about any of if. all of it only made her feel more and more guilty.

     she was torn. how was she supposed to go through with this? on one hand, she was saving her father, but on the other... no.

     it didn't matter. none of it mattered. what mattered was that her father was counting on her.
     she wiped the tears from her eyes and tilted her head back, staring at the ceiling. there's no telling how long she was doing this for before she heard familiar voices shouting her name.

     "y/n!" shouted a feminine voice from down the hall. mina, of course.

     "you okay over there?" in chimed another. this time deeper, more masculine. kirishima.

     y/n sat up and placed a smile on her face as she greeted the two, noticing bakugou and kami behind them. of course bakugou was silent. hand in his pockets with that stupid face on his face. kaminari was bubbly as usual, waving his arms with a smile. "hey everyone. are you all doing alright?" y/n asked the group, earning a few nods and 'mm-hm''s in response.

     "you look upset." mina pointed out. "your nose looks a little red, were you crying?"

     y/n shook her head, "hm? no, never." she lied. "my nose has been a bit runny, though."

     mina's face narrowed in response. she wasn't buying her story, but she didn't pry. "hm. if you say so. anyway, we're having a picnic, you should go with us."

     bakugou scoffed, "always inviting her to every single thing." he muttered under his breath.

     "if it's that much if an issue i definitely don't have to go." y/n quipped, earning a groan and reprimands to bakugou from the rest of the group.

     kaminari shook his head, "y/n, you should know by now to ignore bakugou when he says stuff like that. deep down, he wants you to go anyway. you know he has that little thing for you and whatnot." the yellow-blonde teased, poking bakugou in his side.

     "what?" bakugou was quick to deny the allegations, "i'd roll over and die before i ever fall for that." he spat, doing his best to avoid eye contact with the girl in front of him.

     standing up from her spot on the couch and placing a hand on his shoulder, y/n rolled her eyes inching to the side of his face, "trust, the feeling is mutual, love." she said in an almost-whisper.

     the touch mixed with the feeling of her breath on his neck left bakugou frozen for a solid second, the group wasn't able to tell if the blush rising from his neck was from anger or if he was genuinely flustered by y/n's actions. nevertheless, y/n carried on without a second thought, turning to mina with a pleasant closed lipped smile, "anyway, i'd love to. is my current outfit appropriate enough for the picnic?"

     mina groaned, "y/n, you're always dressed to kill. of course it's appropriate. now lets go, we've already packed everything up." y/n complied, locking arms with the pink girl and letting her lead her. the girl needed something to take her mind off of everything, she just wanted some time to forget. forget everything she was instructed to do, forget the deadline; all of it.

     and while we're on the topic of forgetting, bakugou walked slowly behind the rest of the group, trying to keep his brain from replaying what'd just happened. he still did not understand what it was about the girl that made him act like this. kaminari's accusations of bakugou crushing on y/n always made him heat up; he'd react way more than he really needed to which always made him think after the fact. and if it was one thing he hated, it was the fact that y/n had any affect on him, but if there was one thing he hated more: it was realizing he didn't hate it.

| hii
wc: 987
im sry, i'll continue to upload chapters, im just LAZY.