14.

i'm sorry

i'm sorry

You wished you could let the memory of his being fade into oblivion, you'd do anything you could to forget him

When you wished for his death, you didn't think about what you'd do afterward.

Because you thought it was right to punish him for his betrayal. You had no idea what would happen next; all you wanted was for him to vanish.

Though the more you thought about it, he may have died, but he never truly vanished.

He was still there in some way.

After the execution, you were taking a stroll to take your mind off what had just occurred, but you could never take your mind off the pitiful look on his face before having his warm body become lifeless and cold.

Your footsteps had the same sound it had just a few weeks ago, but now it walked with agony, rather than happiness.

There was only happiness when it walked with Mitsuya Takashi.

Why did you still care? Have you forgotten that he had an affair with another woman? The reason why he was dead in the first place was for revenge.

Revenge, you thought it would make you happy and let you rest easy, but the vengeance didn't make you feel any sort of joy; you were just empty.

If you'd like to express your feelings through a metaphor, you wouldn't be able to, there was no way you could be able to replicate your feelings in any shape or form.

"Your highness!" a yell could be heard from behind, you turned around to see a knight hastily sprinting towards you. "I thought I'd give this to you after the execution of M-"

He cut his sentence short, he was about to apologize until you gave him a nod saying 'it's fine'.

"S-So.. before he was um- yeah, he asked for a piece of paper and a pen. It seems he wrote a letter dedicated to you."

Your pupils dilated when you heard this, but you couldn't let your heartbeat quicken for the man anymore. "..And?"

"I figured you'd want it.." he inched the folded paper towards you, but you weren't moving at all to take it.