~Her Secret Unveiled~

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

TW: Mentions of bl00d, kn1fe$, pain

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Darling, I am the one and only,
Carlos Madrigal!"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Wha..." You whispered.

"I can explain amor." Camilo stated coldly. He began telling the whole story; how Pepa gave birth to unexpected twins when only expecting one child, how Carlos ran away 10 years ago, miraculously managing to leave the Encanto at the young age of 5, how he and Carlos got the same gift.

"...Carlos ran away a day after the ceremony though." Camilo finished.

"I still don't know why you decided to run away though Carlos." Felix questioned. Pepa shot him an annoyed look that was quite obviously saying 'Now's not the time!'.

You stood up, blood still staining the floors and your side, but you managed to deliver a cold and hatred-filled stare against Carlos, before slumping back down to the ground defeatedly.

"Whoa there cariño, take it easy!" Camilo quickly rushed to brace your fall. "Your strength won't have fully recovered! You did only have a small chunk of the arepa after all."

"Where's the arepa." You said almost silently. "Where's the arepa?" Raised voice, yet lowered strength and blood level. And health in general.

You spotted the arepa by your hand, with a small gap on the edge where a chunk was ripped off. Hastily, you munched on it, hoping you would recover much quicker.

"Eugh, that tasted of dust!" You exclaimed once you had finished it.

"Well duh! It's been on the floor for a while, what do you expect?" Camilo laughed, matter-of-factly.

"Ahem, maybe less dusty floors?" You joked.

Either way, dusty or not, the magical food had worked its wonders as usual, and you had almost fully recovered from the brutal knife wound that you had recieved. Now recovered, you stood up, and faced Carlos with determination.

"What do you want from me." You asked coldly. Carlos just snickered silently, a grin forming on his face.

"Now now querida, you simply do not understand! I don't want something from you, its you! You in all your beauty, grace and divinity! Everything about you! You have been the one for me, we were made for each other! Not this...thing sitting there, trailing around, following you in your every step, clinging to you like a baby bird to the nest!" Carlos emphasised his hatred in every word, with his hands gesturing random things that you were sure definitely symbolised nothing, though it may have seemed like it. Probably for display or something, but oh well.

Before you knew what was going on, a streak of yellow flew past you, and launched itself at Carlos. Fists flurried against each other as the two fought. His unmistakable curls sprang around the yellow surrounding his body.

"Cami, no! You're gonna get hurt!" You reached your arm out in a useless attempt to do something also useless.

"Camilo, Carlos, stop!" A quiet yet distinctive voice echoed in the room. Dolores. Her voice was incredibly obvious, even if it was quiet. "Fighting may solve problems sometimes, but not now! Especially when the reason is stupid!"

You looked at her, an offended look on your face.

"Sorry y/n! You're not stupid." Dolores apologized hastily.

"It's all fine!" You replied.

The twins stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, not keeping eye contact, but shooting icy glares at the other when they weren't looking.

For a while, no one spoke. You scanned your surroundings. Blood- well obviously, that's where you almost died-, the aggressive sibling rivalry in the center, Abuela still being uselessly cowardly standing at the top of the stairs doing nothing, and everyone else gathered somewhere within close proximity to you. But still respecting personal space bubbles. But... Dolores. Her eyes were wide open, her fingers and hands quivering by her sides. Looking a bit closer, she seemed a bit more plump than usual. Maybe she had been going on her own kitchen raids, even at the age of 21. Her legs seemed to be twitching a little as well. Her whole body seemed to be twitching and quivering a little.

"Dolores, are you-" You approached her calmly, and reached out your arm. Before you could finish your sentence, Dolores let out a high-pitched scream. She fell to her knees, clutching her stomach, pretty much in the same manner as you had when you were, well, stabbed.

"Carlos, what now?!" Camilo scoffed, and rushed to Dolores.

"It's not Carlos!" Dolores squeaked, pain lacing her words.

"What's wrong cariño?" Pepa soothed. Dolores just shook her head aggressively and squeaked in more pain.

"Nothing! Nothing! I'm- totally fine!"

"You're obviously not hermana, so can you tell us?" Camilo asked gently.

Silence.

Only Dolores' heavy, wheezing breaths could be heard.

More silence.

"I'm pregnant..."

she whispered.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

kinda long chapter after the short one last chapter
as you may tell, i cannot stick to a schedule
ok have a great life besties
byee <33

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>