6: Not Built For Snow

The next figure that I happened to meet was named Sea-Hawk. Unfortunately for me however, I met him on a mission to a place that was colder than anywhere I'd ever been before.

"The Dragon's daughter Five. She cuts a fine line in the sea does she not?" Sea hawk asked as we sailed along the icy river. 

We were on a mission into the coldest corners of Etheria-- the Northern Reach. And since I hadn't seen snow in what feels like forever, this was a reality check. A horrible and cold reality check. 

While the others did stuff to prepare for the mission, I in the center of the boat with a blanket wrapped around shoulders. This place was like hell, but cold.

Wait, what happened to the Dragon's daughter?" Bow asked, looked up from his tracker pad, "Oh oh oh! Was it- adventure!" he did the sea hawk voice when he said 'Adventure.'

"No, termites. I couldn't save the old girl," he looked back at Bow, "Anyway, I'm honored to be apart of another daring mission for the rebellion!"

Adora, in her she-ra form, very bluntly stated, "Well, you know, we needed a boat to get up here and you, have a boat." 

"YEs I do! Heh, truth be told, I was glad I have something to do," he looked down, "Mermista cancelled our plans this week and she's hanging out with her other friends and didn't invite me to join." 

I had no actual history with Mermista (other than a week ago) so I had no idea what their relationship was like, but from what I've heard, its...interesting.

Glimmer teleported next to Sea-hawk, "Well, let this mission distract you from all that!" she patted him on the back, 'We've received reports of Horde activity in the Northern Reach. They've set up some kind of outpost, but we have no idea why." 

"The Northern Reach is nothing but snow and ice. What could they possibly be doing?" Bow asked with his arms crossed. 

I raised my hand (a gift from the public school system), "The only reason anyone would come out here is if they were desperate. Or wealthy. Or both," I voiced. 

Adora furrowed her eyebrows, "I don't know what there doing, but it can't be good..." 

- - - 

"Come to think of it, Mermista never invites me to hang out with her other friends..." Sea Guy explained as we trudged through the snow. We left the boat at a couple of minutes ago and decided to walk the rest of the way. 

Currently I was listening to Sea hawk complain about Mermista, and needless to say I really didn't want to get involved in whatever relationship issues they were having. 

"I mean, heh, am I not cool enough for them?" he looked over to Adora for validation, but she just kept looking forward, clearly getting annoyed, "I am so cool! I'm Sea Hawk!" After realizing that no one was listening, the pirate sagged a little bit.

Suddenly Adora stopped, kneeling down to examine something on the ground. 

"Whats wrong?" Glimmer yelled over the wind, "Did you see something?" 

She shook her head, "No. I think there's something else out here." 

My eyes widened. What kind of things? Monsters? Robots?

"You know, they say all sorts of strange things happen in the Northern Reach," Sea Hawk told, "Voices on the wind. Monsters in the snow. Machines break down. Sailors disappear without a trace. We could be next!" then he paused and looked at all of us with a smile, "I am cool right? I am right?" 

Ignoring Sea Hawks question, Bow sighed, "My tracker pads been on the fritz ever since that rouge communications hub messed with it," he shook the device, "I'm having trouble pinpointing the Hordes location."