7: Library Catastrophe

CW: Cursing, Arguing

After returning to Brightmoon from our mission in the Northern Reach, I was brought to four doctors, and had four different medical procedures happen to me, leading to where I was now.

My arm had been severely wounded, and since I wasn't used to the diseases and infections of Etheria, I was 10x more at risk for infection.

The doctors I'd visited said that my arm wouldn't be able to function like it used too, even if it heals without any altercations.

Still, that was better than my arm being chopped off.

- - -

It was early in the morning, and I had decided to go take a walk in the palace gardens. I couldn't go back to sleep, and the mornings in Etheria were so beautiful.

It had been at least a month since I'd come to this place, and it was starting to grow on me. But, that didn't mean I didn't want to see my friends and family anymore. I had a phone call to return after-all.

Not to mention, I wanted to visit her again. Phoebe.

Its been at least 2 years since she passed away, and when I was on earth I couldn't bring myself to go visit her grave. Maybe its because I hadn't seen her die. Maybe its because, for so long she was the light of my life, and then the universe took her away. Maybe it was because I didn't believe she was actually dead.

But whatever it was, I knew that I was going to have to find a way back. If not for me, than for her.

"Y/n!" Glimmer teleported in front of me, and I practically jumped, "Bow's in trouble!"

- - -

We walked through the whispering woods, Glimmer pulling Adora and I along, "Bow's tracker pad and arrows are gone. He must've left after he shot that note through my window."

Adora looked down at the arrow-note that was in her hand, "The note that says "I'm fine, don't follow me"?"

"He's not fine!" Glimmer huffed, "We have to follow him. If he was fine, he would've told us he was leaving! And after finding out the signal was about Mara-"

"okay, okay," Adora interrupted, putting her hands on the princesses shoulder, "Glimmer, just, calm down. I agree, okay?"

I still wasn't very well versed in who Mara was, or what she did, but I did know that she was a First One. And that the First Ones were people who came and basically colonized Etheria. And also that there's something called Serenia, but thats about how far my knowledge of the topic goes.

"So, where does Bow go when he's not in Brightmoon?" Adora asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"Uh..."

"Seriously. How long have you two been friends again?-"

"Look," Glimmer snapped, "Bow really values his privacy. He's never talked about his past or where he came from. Never. And you know how talkative and open Bow usually is! Somethings wrong, what if he's in trouble?"

Glimmer grabbed both of our hands and began walking again.

- - -

We walked a bit longer before Adora spoke up, "Bow defiantly came this way, judging from the broken twigs, the sap, and his incredibly distinct footprints." I looked towards the ground and saw a boot prints with a heart shape in the middle.

'Definitely Bow alright...'

Glimmer gasped, pointing to Bow's quiver that was lying on the ground, "There's no way Bow would ever leave his trick arrows behind. I told you, he's in trouble." It did seem weird that Bow would leave something so precious to him behind. Maybe Glimmer was right.