PhantomRune

Ok so this is gonna be a long one-

This AU is basically a role swap where Mettaton and Napstablook are the two lightners part of the prophecy, but they're human. All the darkner characters are going to be the same, except for Ralsei, who's going to be replaced by Alphys. Napstablook and Mettaton sort of share a role of both Kris and Susie, although technically Napstablook is the character replacing Kris, while Mettaton is more replacing Susie. But they overall share the roles and alternate at some points for the plot. 

Ok so in chapter 2, instead of just new two characters coming to the dark world, there's going to be 3, Undyne, Papyrus, and Shyren. Undyne overall is sort of like the Berdly role, and Shyren is more of the Noelle role, but Papyrus is basically in the middle, sometimes a bit more like Berdly, at other times Noelle. 

Original I was going to just do Papyrus and Undyne alone, with Papyrus taking the Noelle role, but I didn't really love that idea because, well, Sans going missing like Dess did just doesn't really feel right, so I thought, "Hey how about we make Shyren take the Noelle role instead and make Paps right smack in the middle."

Another thing was that if Papyrus was in the Noelle role, it wouldn't make too much sense because it would end up being sort of out of character, while he still might be shy around the main cast at times, he's still Papyrus, and if Mettaton's character was more leaning on the Susie side, than that would make Papyrus being Noelle a bit awkward, not that I don't like Papyton, but the ship doesn't have the same dynamic as Suselle, so I went with Shyren in the Noelle role but instead crushing on the Susie role character, she would be crushing on the Kris character making it Suselle but Shyreblook.

Now I know Undyne as Berdly is probably a bit weird, but hear me out: 

Instead of being all "I'm the smartest!" Kind of deal, Undyne mainly just thinks Mettaton, and Mettaton specifically, is kind of a bad influence on the rest of her friends, and just has a weird grudge against him all chapter, until they decide to finally try to be better friends after the Queen boss fight. Which kind of makes sense, because in Undertale Undyne is friends with Papyrus, and seems to know Shyren and Napstablook, and kinda thinks Mettaton is weird, so it only makes sense that in this au she would just want to protect them from a seemingly "Bad Influence." And the rest of the "I'm superior and great!" Part of Berdly's character would be handled by Paps, but in a less mean way. It all just makes sense together!

And as for Alphyne.. 

"Breaking News: Lightner fish girl falls in love with Little lizard girl, the princess of the dark."