Prologue: Spark of Inspiration

(A/n): Hello, Dr. Stone fans and Senku simps! This is the first fanfic I've done in a while, so I hope you enjoy! Also, this chapter is kinda short and a tad bit rusty, but the chapters following this one are longer and better written, promise!

---

First grade, the first day of the year. I was a laid-back kid and nothing seemed to hype me up. I wasn't a fan of anything that existed and just followed the crowd. I sat by myself at lunchtime, played whatever the other kids asked me to, did what I was told, etc. I had no definite friends or talents and had no interest in finding out what/where they could possibly be.

That is, until I met him.

"I'm going up to space."

My head lifted itself from my desk, staring up at the kid who stood beside me. His gravity-defying hair made him look like a walking head of romaine lettuce, but the determined look in his eyes made me pause.

"Oh, you wanna be an astronaut? Well, that's a great goal! When you grow up-"

"No, I'm going as soon as possible." The boy's declaration struck me, making me sit up entirely to look at him.

Our teacher and the rest of the class deadpanned at this statement, but I watched the boy for the rest of that class, eyes shimmering with respect and curiosity. It was as if meeting this boy was a wake-up call, ready to set me and my future into motion.

After class, I raced to put my things away and start a conversation with the boy, turning to speak but finding he disappeared on me. "Eh?!? He's quick!"

I rushed from the classroom, frantically looking back and forth down the hall until I caught wind of his spikey, green-tipped hair at the end of the hall to my right. I booked it past the older kids in the hall, squeezing in between people to reach the boy. "H-hey, wait!!" I cried, reaching out a hand to grab him before he turned a corner.

The boy turned towards me, eyebrows furrowed as he watched me hunch over, trying to catch my breath from running so fast. "Can I help you? I'm kinda busy right now-"

"I-I wanna be friends!" I yelped quickly, lifting up my head just as fast, making him take a step back.

"Friends?" The boy repeated, tilting his head slightly.

"Yeah! Can we be friends?"

The boy didn't say anything for a minute, staring at me with curiosity before asking, "We don't even know each other, how can we be friends if we don't know a millimeter of information about the other person?"

I stood there, blank expression gracing my face. I suddenly stuck out my hand towards him, the most serious look on my face as I stated, "I'm (L/n) (Y/n) and I wanna get to know you."

"Well," the boy began, tapping his chin in thought while a smirk began forming on his face. "I could use a person or two for my future experiments."

My eyes lit up at his statement. " 'Experiments?' What kind of experiments are you gonna do??"

The boy grinned, gesturing for me to follow. "I'll explain on the way to the library. I have some reading I gotta catch up on, before anything else."

He turned to look over his shoulder one more time, his blood-red eyes shimmering in the afternoon sun as he added, "By the way, I'm Ishigami Senku. You can call me Senku."

My heart skipped a beat for the very first time. This boy, Ishigami Senku, changed me for the first time. As a matter of fact, Senku would take a whole bunch of my firsts, my lasts, and everything else in between.